Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giant window that sinks into the ground

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant window that sinks into the ground

This is a Youtube video Of a window that I built for a custom house. The window weighs about 1600#. It operates the same as an old single hung window, with counterweights inside a tube frame. The tube frame weighed in at about 3000#
    The window is still waiting for the hardware that will mechanically raise and lower it, but I couldn't resist shooting a quick shot of it moving. The counterweights are a little light as of the video by 60# or so, so the door is a little heavier to move up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJOZxX2Y91c

That's neat. I expected it to go up but down makes more sense when I think about it. Did you plan the background music or was that just chance?
    ---Meltedmetal

Comment

I didn't even know there was sound, I had the volume on the computer down. That was just background noise at the site.

Comment

I liked the sound it adds to the atmosphere of the video. I almost expected Godzilla or aliens to appear outside the window. The window looks to move really smoothly especially for a piece that heavy I bet your customer is pleased.----Meltedmetal

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.