Cast Iron Slab - table? Ideas? please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Iron Slab - table? Ideas? please

I just picked up a cast iron slab, 3/8 thick plus a cross shape bracing and edges. It came off of something. Anyway, it only measures 21 inches by 30 inches. It has threaded holes 3/8", spread in rows, like a dozen of them total. One edge is set up to be like a reference edge, a piece of 1/4" bar like 3" high, with adjustments for flushness, molded into the cast. The adjustments are molded, not the bar. What do I do with this? Leave it here? Put legs on it? I feel it's just too small to make it a primary table. But it's way better than the piece of 1/4" 6" by 8" I have been using as a contact point.Name:  d6e49c22850e980259cb67623b457c93.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  42.9 KB

Sounds pretty sweet to me. Cast is usually pretty stable when it comes to warping and such. I would add legs and give her.

Comment

It all depends on the kind of work you do. If you need something like this make a table frame for it & use it. If you have no use for it sell it, give it away.

You mention you have nothing now so I would reccomend using it until you get something that suits your needs better.
      MM250
      Trailblazer 250g
      22a feeder
      Lincoln ac/dc 225
      Victor O/A
      MM200 black face
      Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
      Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
      Arco roto-phase model M
      Vectrax 7x12 band saw
      Miller spectrum 875
      30a spoolgun w/wc-24