Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cast Iron Slab - table? Ideas? please

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Iron Slab - table? Ideas? please

I just picked up a cast iron slab, 3/8 thick plus a cross shape bracing and edges. It came off of something. Anyway, it only measures 21 inches by 30 inches. It has threaded holes 3/8", spread in rows, like a dozen of them total. One edge is set up to be like a reference edge, a piece of 1/4" bar like 3" high, with adjustments for flushness, molded into the cast. The adjustments are molded, not the bar. What do I do with this? Leave it here? Put legs on it? I feel it's just too small to make it a primary table. But it's way better than the piece of 1/4" 6" by 8" I have been using as a contact point.Name:  d6e49c22850e980259cb67623b457c93.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  42.9 KB

Sounds pretty sweet to me. Cast is usually pretty stable when it comes to warping and such. I would add legs and give her.

Comment

It all depends on the kind of work you do. If you need something like this make a table frame for it & use it. If you have no use for it sell it, give it away.

You mention you have nothing now so I would reccomend using it until you get something that suits your needs better.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.