Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it looks too Cool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think it looks too Cool

    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	532274Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	532275
    Racing Slicks. With 7” spun alloy wheels in the rear & 5” up front.
    This rig has come a long way from the mess I started with
    (see below)
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/communities/mboard/showthread.php?30120-What-am-I-up-against-here&highlight=Gas+driven
    A little time, a small amount of cash.
    All Tig welded with my SD180. Tubing cut on my Cold saw. De-burredon a 22”disk sander.
    Painted with royal blue Rust-Oleum
    And I am now portable at the race track!
    Next Iwant to finish it with a cage & cable hangers. Along W/ a cabinet to holdthat will hold tools and equipment.

  • #2
    Nice job, it looks great.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mr2race View Post
      [ATTACH]32474[/ATTACH][ATTACH]32475[/ATTACH]
      Racing Slicks. With 7” spun alloy wheels in the rear & 5” up front.
      This rig has come a long way from the mess I started with
      (see below)
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/communities/mboard/showthread.php?30120-What-am-I-up-against-here&highlight=Gas+driven
      A little time, a small amount of cash.
      All Tig welded with my SD180. Tubing cut on my Cold saw. De-burredon a 22”disk sander.
      Painted with royal blue Rust-Oleum
      And I am now portable at the race track!
      Next Iwant to finish it with a cage & cable hangers. Along W/ a cabinet to holdthat will hold tools and equipment.
      I would like to see more pictures of how you redid the welder. I remember seeing those rusty before pictures, but I never saw any after.

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks great, always fun to do your own cart and add-ons

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by clint738 View Post
          I would like to see more pictures of how you redid the welder. I remember seeing those rusty before pictures, but I never saw any after.
          Did not take photos of the repair.
          So I will attempt to describe the repair
          I cut the entire floor out of the welder. Using a Matabocutting grinder (a true favorite tool).

          Checked the windings. And they were intact and not grounded.

          So I made angle iron Frames. That used threaded rod. Andnuts to sandwich the laminated core of the windings.

          Welded in a new floor. And welded the angle frames back inthe welder.

          Also replaced a capacitor, a fuse. And cleaned most of theelectric connections.

          Loads of work. But I now have a nice working unit. For afraction of used.

          I enjoy repairing and restoring nice quality vintageequipment. But trust me this was a gamble most would no attempt.
          Youshould see my John Deere 318.
          That is repowered with a Kohler 25HP V-twin (without a kit).
          Custom:
          Drive shaft, Mufler, PTO clutch & adaptor, Runs and looks like new.

          Comment

          Working...
          X