Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

This weeks project, bridge #6

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weeks project, bridge #6

For those that don't know, this is what i make in my spare time. This one only had 700 pcs in it ...Bob
    Attached Files

Originally posted by aametalmaster
    For those that don't know, this is what i make in my spare time. This one only had 700 pcs in it ...Bob
    When you factor the wind loads on those truss bridges, don't forget to do so with a train ON THEM AT THE TIME. More than one truss bridge has been lost that way...

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
      When you factor the wind loads on those truss bridges, don't forget to do so with a train ON THEM AT THE TIME. More than one truss bridge has been lost that way...
      WOW! I forgot about those high powered ceiling fans in South Fla...Bob

Comment

Wow, and I complain about putting toys togeather on Christmas day. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

That's really cool. I always liked the trains running around the ceiling like that.

Comment

Lot of work, looks cool

Comment

Cool! What are you making them out of? Just rod?

Comment

Originally posted by PAToyota
                Cool! What are you making them out of? Just rod?
                3/8"x3/8"x.062 wall square tubing i had special made for me...Bob

Comment

Can you get little I-beams and angles? Or is it all tubing?

Most of the real ones I see are angle, LOTS of angle.

Comment

Sure i can make angle myself on my brake, but thats way to much work. ...Bob

Comment

Custom made Tube?

Originally posted by aametalmaster
                      3/8"x3/8"x.062 wall square tubing i had special made for me...Bob
                      I'm pretty new to this, so I have to ask; where do you get square tubing made for you? Did you have to buy a ton of it at first or do you just do down to the local mill and have them run you off a few sticks?

Also, it looks like a geat product, I wish I had time to do stuff like that.

-Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by miata2k
                        I'm pretty new to this, so I have to ask; where do you get square tubing made for you? Did you have to buy a ton of it at first or do you just do down to the local mill and have them run you off a few sticks?
                        -Chuck
                        I got in the Thomas Register at work and looked under tubing manufactures, there are a bunch of them in the USA but only a few close to me. I had to buy 5,000 feet of it, not alot but enough to have on hand if the idea didn't fly, or derail in my case ...Bob

Comment

Nice Work aametalmaster

Thats being real creative. Maybe you can shoot a few more pics.

Comment

Here is a link to some more bridges i have made. I am up to about 600 feet now...Bob
                            http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aameta.../ph//my_photos

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.