Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIG Torch holder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Torch holder

I got sick and tired of having no place to put my torch when I am welding at home. Since I have a scratch-start unit (Miller Maxstar 150 STL) I have shy'd away from just placing the torch on the top of my work bench. It either slides off or somehow flips around, electrode side down and all of the sudden everything is arcing out. Here is my solution. Its made out of 3/16" stainless rod and slides easily over the edge of my work bench which is 1/4" plate. Now I dont have to worry about anything and its out of the way
    Attached Files

1...that is awesome....2...I feel as though the scratch satert tig has been a little discouraged here given maybe the cost/ease of use of new equipment etc....I am still thinking of setting up for it....what are your thoughts?! Thanks in advance

Comment

Setting up your work area should be the first job.
      Nice work.

Ji

Comment

Cool ! It's all these little things that make a difference. I'm finally getting things done now that I retired.

Comment

That's awesome! Your fixture would be nice for any welding lead (not just tig). I'm trying to find a better way to organize my table in general... I may just go ahead and buy this organizer though.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Work-Benc...cher_p_46.html

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.