Commpressed gas tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commpressed gas tanks

Is it possible to buy used/expired gas cylinders?? I would love to build a giant windchime.

Frank aka The Weekend Welder

Yup. Check with your local welding supplier or call some scrap yards. I have bought some off of the scrap man. Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

weekend welder,

If you visit a local welding distributor and they may be a bit reluctant to let you have one or more, you could offer to bring a big hammer and cold chisel or a grinder and destroy the threads so it can't be used again.
      This assumes they have already removed the valve.

I have 2 scrap 277 cu ft cylinders which were used for oxygen.

Both have no valves and one has the bottom 3" cut off so it may be useful for your project.

I was planning to make a big gong just like you but got distracted so I would be happy to give them to you.

PM me if you want them - FOBO - "free or best offer"

I am about 15 miles west of center city Philadelphia.
      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt hands:305851
        weekend welder,

If you visit a local welding distributor and they may be a bit reluctant to let you have one or more, you could offer to bring a big hammer and cold chisel or a grinder and destroy the threads so it can't be used again.
        This assumes they have already removed the valve.

I have 2 scrap 277 cu ft cylinders which were used for oxygen.

Both have no valves and one has the bottom 3" cut off so it may be useful for your project.

I was planning to make a big gong just like you but got distracted so I would be happy to give them to you.

PM me if you want them - FOBO - "free or best offer"

I am about 15 miles west of center city Philadelphia.
        I also have a couple of those size oxygen cylinders, they make really nice sandblaster tanks

Comment

Note that acetylene tanks are filled with stuff in which the acetylene is dissolved.. Stick with oxygen and shielding gas tanks

Comment

If you can't find one cheap and fast, just buy a piece of pipe and and a weld on end cap. Weld, grind flush and you are in business.

Comment

Working...
            X