Smoker Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lance.

Yes that is a ton of metal. Some people use propane setups for the initial heat up. I'm going to make another one out of 1/4" for personal use. Cheaper and lighter plus it is thick enough to hold heat nicely.
    MillerMatic 251
    Maxstar 150 STH
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
      Thanks Lance.

Yes that is a ton of metal. Some people use propane setups for the initial heat up. I'm going to make another one out of 1/4" for personal use. Cheaper and lighter plus it is thick enough to hold heat nicely.

Did you make those hinges or buy them? I've been trying to find some but no luck. The cook chamber door hinges I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by mking7 View Post
        Did you make those hinges or buy them? I've been trying to find some but no luck. The cook chamber door hinges I mean.

I ramped up my search today and actually found some. Posting the link here just in case anyone coming along behind me is having trouble finding some.

http://www.teoutfitters.com/Outdoor-Cooking_c_24.html
        Last edited by mking7; 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM. Reason: corrected link

Comment

Looks great

Smoking is all about Low heat 165 -185 deg.F. Slow and smokey for long cooking times.
          Say 7-8 hours over moisened Oak smoldering flame.

Comment

Yep. Those are the hinges. I recommend them. Makes it easy. I used barrel hinges for the firebox but I like the cam hinges better.
            MillerMatic 251
            Maxstar 150 STH
            Cutmaster 42
            Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
              Yep. Those are the hinges. I recommend them. Makes it easy. I used barrel hinges for the firebox but I like the cam hinges better.
              I have been using barrel hinges for everything because I couldn't find these. I'm going to use them for my doors for sure, may even try them on my firebox. That company, Trinity Expedition Outfitters, seems like good people. I got the product last night and it's perfect. On top of that they noticed that I live in West, TX where the fertilizer plant exploded and sent me a nice note and some freebies. Just wanted to give them a plug. I'm a customer for life after that.

Comment

Working...
              X