Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

container nose roller

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• container nose roller

Had to replace a 40 yard container nose roller. Customer said he has all the parts. What he didn't say is they tore it off & lost all the pcs. The pcs. he had were a new pc. of 3/4" plate to burn the smaller ear out of, an old roller that was the wrong size & 8 ft. of channel to replace the tore up section. No big ear. Had to cut off & replace the mangled channels, make new ears, straighten the end of the main rail & weld it all back together. Wish I took before pics but here is the finished ones minus the roller which he is buying.

Name:  cc1257b998eee1b47b12adbe0eb2bbc3.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  35.3 KBName:  250080fa5f8419e8c13128f77138af30.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  40.0 KB

container nose roller

What did you used to weld this up with ?

Comment

did you tell the customer the amount of work involved due to missing parts, or was that a find out as you go type of job

Comment

I use Hobart 21b .045 wire in the field.

He's a good customer, mutual trust. It's always time & material, just get it fixed so we can use it again.

Comment

MMW nice fix. I work for a major solid waste company and I don't think I've ever seen one of those come in for repair that wasn't totaly destroyed. It's easier if you have a way to roll them over but, it still isn't fun.

Comment

Originally posted by woodironman View Post
            MMW nice fix. I work for a major solid waste company and I don't think I've ever seen one of those come in for repair that wasn't totaly destroyed. It's easier if you have a way to roll them over but, it still isn't fun.
            One of my customers has a large yard so I can flip them around with a fork truck. This customer has limited space although they have a fork truck so I just block them up.

Like I always tell the customer stuff like this doesn't just happen in one shot. They start breaking/bending, welds cracking, etc. Would be much cheaper to fix it then but that's what keeps me busy.

Comment

looks like a nice repair.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.