Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pintle Plate 3/4"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintle Plate 3/4"

Did this yesterday for a customer.Think its a 12 or 13 western star defintly brand new less then 1k on odometer.Holes for trailer plug glad hands inside frame.30 ton hitch.Keep lights behind plate slightly for protection somewhat.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by admweld; 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM.

If the glad handles & plug are inside the frame rails how do you access them? Are they above the plate in the dump body frame?

Can I assume it's 1" plate? Any bracing in the lower section?

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
      If the glad handles & plug are inside the frame rails how do you access them? Are they above the plate in the dump body frame?

Can I assume it's 1" plate? Any bracing in the lower section?
      In img 238 you see the 1" holes outside each tail light those are where the glad hands mount.I was refering to mounting just inside the c of the frame.Sorry bout the confusion.All 3/4" plate gussetts are 8"x8" that i cut off lower corners.Mounted off bottom of frame rail as typical but i did angle these inward more toward the pintle ring 4"in off sides of plate.

Comment

Thanks, I now see that the holes in the plate are for the air & electric. Can't believe I didn't realize that on my own.

I just got called to move the pintles on two tandems. Need to fill in the holes (they are rotating pintles) & remount them up higher. The plates are 7/8" thick, weird size.

Comment

Looking at the pictures it appears that only the rail to plate welds and gussets are holding this together. Is that correct? Are the welds fillet or groove?

Comment

Originally posted by HayFarmer View Post
            Looking at the pictures it appears that only the rail to plate welds and gussets are holding this together. Is that correct? Are the welds fillet or groove?
            It,s welded across the dumps boss/hinge assembly.34"across whole top also.Some grooves, fillets on gussetts.

Comment

Thx. What welding process did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by hayfarmer View Post
                thx. What welding process did you use?
                smaw.

Comment

thx!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.