A few notes:
- The swivel mast horizontal saw worked great to cut all of the angles of the tubing, which is shown in picture 2.
- Picture 3 shows the 1.5” drill bit installed directly in the ¾” R8 collet of the milling machine, to save lowering the knee of the milling machine and requiring the use of a ¾” ball bearing chuck.
- I didn’t have a 1.5” diameter end mill to mill the 1.5” slot, so I bored the hole and stepped over about 0.040” for each bore as shown in picture 4. You can hardly see the steps in picture 5. (The large diameter with the relatively small steps averaged out the steps.)
- I used an outside corner end mill to make the ¼” radius on the floor bracket shown on pictures 6 & 10.
- I used two saw horses plus an adjustable table to support the weldment shown with my friend Bill in picture 12.