Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small job

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small job

Just got a repeat order on these. I do a batch several times a year. These pics are the last time I did the job. My customer does all the machining & I just weld. The material is inconel 625 although this time they are switching to inconel 600 due to cost. The 625 tubing went from $28 a foot to $62 a foot now. The 600 series tube is $34 a foot. 1/2" x .0625 wall tube & small machined end pcs.Name:  d0d90ad878cf301df4c9373968d95972.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  47.8 KBName:  77c7ad71fbcfef3fa11297678df6d84c.jpg
Size:  51.8 KBName:  f7ca3415a18826022965f40e918602b7.jpg
Size:  58.2 KB
    Last edited by MMW; 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM.

Nice. I haven't welded Inconel for 13 years...Bob

Comment

I'm curious what those are for, why use Inconel?

Comment

They are used on some type of testing equipment I think. They use inconel to withstand the high temperatures they get used in.

Comment

Nice work. It looks like you rotate the part on a rotab of some sort. Is it motorized?

Comment

I have one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atlas-Model-...item5aecef0a93

I'm not sure which rpm model it is. Funny story. When the fab shop I worked at folded up it got sold off & now I have it on loan. I have tried to buy it at market value but the guy that owns it now won't sell it. He doesn't use it at all so after borrowing it several times he told me to just leave it at my shop. That way he knows where it is.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.