Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

average cost

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• average cost

I would just like the average ballpark cost of a three rail pipe fence; setting post, 10' apart, top rail is 48" high, the top rail and posts are 2 7/8" and the 2nd and 3rd rail are 2 3/8". Average cost per foot or hour?. Thanks

average cost

Are you asking about chain link?

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
      Are you asking about chain link?
      No chain link just posts with a top rail, mid rail & lower rail. Sorry I can't help ya as I don't do this stuff everyday so someone who does probably knows a per foot price off the top of their head.

Comment

You may want to post thickness or gauge of pipe material. Tubing and schedule
        40 pipe makes a big difference.

Comment

for the most part for a basic structural hand railing i quote $70 per foot

Comment

We are about $70/ft. 1 1/2"sch 40 pipe and posts. Finished with primer
            btw. Code requires our posts to be a max of 4'-0" apart max
            Last edited by aaronobrien; 01-25-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arc View Post
              for the most part for a basic structural hand railing i quote $70 per foot
              Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Posts 10' apart is to far I space 1-1/4" pipe at 5' on center or less and 1-1/2" pipe at 6'-8" max.

Core drilled into concrete price primed 3 line if I'm doing 50' or more is approx.
                $ 70.00 per ft but goes up when doing less that 50'

Comment

fence quote

You are asking about more of a farm style yard fence correct? In southwest Missouri you could probably get that done for 16 dollars a foot. That is if you drive the post concrete would cost you more because it takes longer. That is figured with reject pipe. 2 7/8 & 2 3/8 on 8 foot centers

Comment

Also I might add how long, you must charge more for short stuff because it cost to drive there and roll out your stuff. Also soft ground rocky ground and customer annoyance are factors to figure:-)

Comment

Or figure material plus welding per hour.
                      Most of the time people like figured by the foot better. And gives you more incentive to get done. say you have 100 foot to do you can do that in 1 day and make 900 dollars after you pay for your material.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.