Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two shop tables

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two shop tables

Here are two tables I made for Blue Sky Classic Cars. They built a new body shop & wanted a roll around table for it & they also wanted to replace the old wooden work bench for the mechanic shop.
    Name:  d66bc2586994c4dea3bd42cdb3235c2c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  29.3 KBName:  9f025e5348dc4e898a59c24b57e09c06.jpg
Size:  27.5 KBName:  e09b10bada3b6700f66e34f352747127.jpg
Size:  27.8 KBName:  69db26118c44e68a514f691d86815357.jpg
Size:  25.4 KB

i like the way that you trimmed the legs on the one with out wheels, an extra 1/2 hour or so of time really makes it stand out. when i see that type of work, i see a guy that takes pride in his work, i have never built a table for a customer, but if the chance arises, i will steal your idea if ya dont mind

Comment

Good work & nice design.

Comment

Both tables have 1/4" plate tops. The stationary one has a lip bent front & back with sides welded on. It also has foot pads with holes that they anchored into the floor. There is no structure under the top just the legs. The legs are formed 1/4" plate also. Top dimensions are 25" x 98" & it is 42" tall. I put 1000# on it with no deflection. The lips give it plenty of strength.

The roller table is 30"x60"x38"tall with an angle (2x2x1/4") frame under it. 2x2x1/4" wall tube legs & the shelf is 11 gauge. The cheap wheels are from Lowes supplied by customer. They should be fine since it is only in the body shop.

Comment

X2 on the tapered legs, definitely the first thing i noticed. Both are a very nice piece of work. Im sure customer was very pleased!

Comment

Tables look great. Nice work.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.