Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plasma cutter tracer (new)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • plasma cutter tracer (new)

    ATTENTION! ALL METAL ARTISTS AND FABRICATORS!!! i have designed and built a prototype plasma cutter tracer for artists and fabricators alike, using only a cheap berlan from ebay and pt31 torch,

    and would like any feedback as i may put it into prodution or just sell the plans in the near future. thanks for looking, hope to hear some of your thoughts. Here are some of the items i have cut with it. These are not cut with a cnc machine,or have any motoriside parts or any elastictrickery apart from the torch itself. they are all on a4 paper, but the machine table has a work area of 800mm X 800mm. cheers Dave







  • #2
    Your pcs. look nice but with out seeing the machine/setup I can't give you any more feedback.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

    Comment


    • #3
      plasma tracer

      Originally posted by MMW View Post
      Your pcs. look nice but with out seeing the machine/setup I can't give you any more feedback.
      believe me i would love to show you the machine, but its been a while in development getting the right combination of ideas to work correctly together, and as its still only in prototype stage with no patent as yet, i'd be a fool to let the world and his daughter in on it. Im sure you can understand my secrecy. what i can tell you is its a very simple idea with few moving parts and easy to use (i'm by no means an artist) but the picture of marilyn i just printed from internet, then 10 minutes later she was done. i would say you could make around five copies of it from the same printout,then just reprint and youre away again. you can also use a pre cut template if you wish to make many repeated parts. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	515281

      Comment


      • #4
        So its a scam then?
        MillerMatic 251
        Maxstar 150 STH
        Cutmaster 42
        Victor Journeyman OA

        A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by elvis View Post
          So its a scam then?
          no scam, just interested to hear other peoples thoughts on it outside my family and friends. i had an idea, "my ideas are usually rubbish" but they seemed to like this one.

          Comment


          • #6
            I just saw an ad on the jpmagazine that some one already offering that. can you beat the price? $95 or is that you.

            Comment


            • #7
              If you stop & think about what your asking you'll realize that no one can comment on it. Below is what your asking.

              --I have x which does this but I can't show you x because someone can steal my idea. What do you think of x & is it a good design?--
              MM250
              Trailblazer 250g
              22a feeder
              Lincoln ac/dc 225
              Victor O/A
              MM200 black face
              Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
              Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
              Arco roto-phase model M
              Vectrax 7x12 band saw
              Miller spectrum 875
              30a spoolgun w/wc-24
              Syncrowave 250
              RCCS-14

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MMW View Post
                If you stop & think about what your asking you'll realize that no one can comment on it. Below is what your asking.

                --I have x which does this but I can't show you x because someone can steal my idea. What do you think of x & is it a good design?--
                correct! you cannot comment on my design, but the design is not important at this stage only the results of what it can achieve with the information given.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dogdog View Post
                  I just saw an ad on the jpmagazine that some one already offering that. can you beat the price? $95 or is that you.
                  hi, no im afraid thats not me, i dont have it for sale anywhere.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Optical tracers, scanned images, etc have been done to death. Very good stuff already out there already, so unless your has a good gimmick, or is dirt cheap, then it is just another in the long line. Not sayin it is not a good idea, just don't know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davejavu View Post
                      and as its still only in prototype stage with no patent as yet, i'd be a fool to let the world and his daughter in on it. Im sure you can understand my secrecy. what i can tell you is its a very simple idea with few moving parts and easy to use [ATTACH]31195[/ATTACH]
                      Have you checked your concept in a preliminary patent search to determine if you have a truly new idea or is an idea already covered by prior patents?

                      A quick Google Patent Search of "plasma cutter pattern tracer" has 585 hits...

                      https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts&hl=e...w=1672&bih=912

                      It's a tough world, especially today doing R&D and getting a new product to market.. The patent game has become more like the patent Mafia...
                      Hobby Welder for about 32 years
                      Hobart 190 MIG with SpoolGun
                      Hobart AirForce 700i Plasma Cutter
                      Hornell Speedglas 9000X Helmet
                      295A AC Buzzbox (what I learned on)
                      Miller Bobcat 225, factory propane option, also serves as my emergency power generator
                      Dandeman's Toy Page

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I can do the same thing with a used overhead projector and a small pic of the subject. Just need to make poster board cutouts of the pieces, cut em out, trace em out and cut. Total cost, about $20 for the projector and .$0.50 for the poster board. Once I have a pattern, it's just busy work.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	small bear.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	515282

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Blboise View Post
                          I can do the same thing with a used overhead projector and a small pic of the subject. Just need to make poster board cutouts of the pieces, cut em out, trace em out and cut. Total cost, about $20 for the projector and .$0.50 for the poster board. Once I have a pattern, it's just busy work.
                          I've started doing pretty much the same thing..

                          I have a dark room enlarger I bought many years ago and has seen seldom use.. I find images I like, scale them to the 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" enlarger negative size, print the image on transparency film (normally used for presentations) with my laser printer. I use that as the negative in the enlarger and project the image onto the steel plate the size I want.

                          I found on a metal artists forum that aluminum or gold color sharpie pens are commonly used to trace the patterns onto the steel plate.. Just follow the image from the enlarger with the sharpie pen then cut it out..

                          Could not believe how good the first one a "man in the moon" turned out...
                          Last edited by dandeman; 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM.
                          Hobby Welder for about 32 years
                          Hobart 190 MIG with SpoolGun
                          Hobart AirForce 700i Plasma Cutter
                          Hornell Speedglas 9000X Helmet
                          295A AC Buzzbox (what I learned on)
                          Miller Bobcat 225, factory propane option, also serves as my emergency power generator
                          Dandeman's Toy Page

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by walker View Post
                            Optical tracers, scanned images, etc have been done to death. Very good stuff already out there already, so unless your has a good gimmick, or is dirt cheap, then it is just another in the long line. Not sayin it is not a good idea, just don't know.
                            as ive pointed out, it has no electrical parts apart from the torch itself, so no optical tracers or anything using computers apart from me printing an image from the interweb. the only thing similar to it is the 'torchemate' and 'rotten leonard' in that it uses the age old swinging arm around a fixed turret, but thats where the similarity ends. hope this helps!

                            dave

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Blboise View Post
                              I can do the same thing with a used overhead projector and a small pic of the subject. Just need to make poster board cutouts of the pieces, cut em out, trace em out and cut. Total cost, about $20 for the projector and .$0.50 for the poster board. Once I have a pattern, it's just busy work.

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]31196[/ATTACH]
                              looks very good dude!

                              mine you can use free hand (ideal for artists with a vision, because you dont need goggles as you can't actually see the the cut as you draw) or use straight from a picture (no cutting out needed) or as you do pre cut a template.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X