Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Bench Grinder Stand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Bench Grinder Stand

Does anyone EVER update the projects gallery? The latest one in the SHOP section is several months old, at least.

Anyway... I'm an amateur working out of my garage, so space is at a premium. I didn't have room to put 2 grinders on my bench, so I came up with this portable stand that I can use inside or out.

The PREVious few pics show the construction, but it's nothing complex. I used a sheet of black vinyl (like a dealership's new-car license plate substitute) as a shim between the pipes. And there are diamond-tread rubber pads on the bottom so it doesn't move on pavement or wobble/slide in dirt. I've been using it infrequently for a few weeks now, and it seems to be very stable & convenient.

Looks Good.

Comment

Nice, are those mounted in place or on receiver tube so you can place either one on top?

Comment

That's a pretty cool idea....nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
          Nice, are those mounted in place or on receiver tube so you can place either one on top?
          It looks to me that you pull the pin & it rotates on the pipe so the grinders "switch places".

Comment

good job

I made one last october, wanted it to swing away and the possibility to work from different positions, if your pic was posted yours before, i might have considered the portability feature of yours. Good idea.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
              It looks to me that you pull the pin & it rotates on the pipe so the grinders "switch places".
              Right - the table that they're both bolted to spins on the pipe. Flipping them also helps dump out debris that collects inside the guards.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.