No announcement yet.

Just a shelf - but my first actual project

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a shelf - but my first actual project

So - out of work - so while 'waiting for a call' I built a shelf to fit on top of a second toolbox I have in the garage. Just 1" angle (1/8"), some 3" plate (1/8") and a piece of perforated sheet (actually 14 gauge with .5" holes). I'm satisfied - it's level and square - now I just need to spray it - planning on flat black. One pic of the shelf and one of it 'in place' (not yet sprayed). I used a nice, borrowed Bosch circular saw to cut, a Craftsman angle grinder to cut/debur, a Dremmel to do some finer deburring and my MM211 on 110V with flux core .030 wire.
    Attached Files
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Looks great! Oh the places you'll go! So what do you have planned next?
    MillerMatic 251
    Maxstar 150 STH
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Good work. Looks like it fits great. Have you mig welded before?

Very nice. Whats next? How do u like the new welder (211) ?

Thanks all. I completed a night, 12 session hobby course this fall. Got the bug. Bought two welders. Found a nice source for good priced steel thanks to JMK. Have some ideas about what's next - not quite sure though.

Outside of welding in the class (Mig, Stick, TIG) this is the first 'adventure' I took on. "Oh the places you go" is's pretty nice to actually 'make' something......and use it.

Thx to EVERYone on this board who's so supportive.....getting "down that road" is just a little sweeter!

Joe - love the MM211 - it was flawless for me.

The class - liked it a ton ... in fact, it was so nice, I decided to take it twice. Signed up for the spring session - hey - 3hrs, once a week...GUARANTEED to be practicing...why not!
          Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
          Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Did pretty much the same class type last summer. Liked it so much I start an advanced MIG class starting next week. Also bought a 211.
            Miller 211 MVP
            Hobart StickMate LX 235
            Lincoln AC 225
            CutMaster 42