Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of paint for my trailer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    You could try POR-15 for a primer.
    Does it smell really bad?

I have used epoxies while boat building and they have almost no odor at all. Somebody else's post mentioned a strong odor to the epoxy.

Comment

The first trailer I built was a 6x10, we primed it then sprayed it. But we mixed a farm implement enamel hardener in the paint and spayed it with an HVLP gun. Had no complaints from the customer so far, been about 9 months now. Im not an expert painter or coater haha just sharing an experience

Comment

Originally posted by Frank R View Post
        Does it smell really bad?

I have used epoxies while boat building and they have almost no odor at all. Somebody else's post mentioned a strong odor to the epoxy.
        I guess you mean the thinner cause once it is dry I don't notice any odor.? The thinner is very much like lacquer thinner or maybe it is lacquer thinner. The thinner is flammable so precautions must be observed. We use it on truck rims and it resists the salt in winter well. However like most any paint the base metal must be clean. We shot blast small stuff and the grainy surface also helps with adhesion. I have used it to re-glue sanding belts and used it to patch the pin-holes in the oil pan of a car I have. Lasted three years and counting. I should say also that I am not a professional painter nor an expert in that field, This is just my experience.
        Meltedmetal

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.