Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiway Sign Structures

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiway Sign Structures

Few pics of some night work i,m doing.All 4"x4" galv. angle and 1/4"plate,And a 4"t steel that sign mounts too.Doing the drilling also thru the bridge girder 15/16" holes for 7/8" A-325 bolts galv.Then weld in all cross bracing to tie 3 brackets together.Other crew assembles sign and mounts i,m just on the steel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by admweld; 12-01-2012, 05:07 PM.

Good stuff I like the pictures and description painted the picture beautifully. How many are you building? Big contract? I hate welding galvanized.

Comment

Got a few more to do working sun- wed night this week.
      Last edited by admweld; 12-08-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezeppa View Post
        Good stuff I like the pictures and description painted the picture beautifully. How many are you building? Big contract? I hate welding galvanized.
        Back on this week just finished the three at exit 6 were moving to exit 7 sun- wed nite.Got 3 to do there i think were done.

Comment

few more pics

This is a few more pics of the bridge at exit 6.First pic is demo of the old sign structure.That is a guy up top cuttin with a gas powered chop saw.Second is the new one up on the girder.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's Awsome I was talking about this at work because my company has done some highway paving and I asked about bidding the sign work and I found out they are installed in Michigan by the MDOT pre fabricated in the sign manufacturing shop according to my contact but idk if this is true now after your post

Comment

Originally posted by Rezeppa View Post
              That's Awsome I was talking about this at work because my company has done some highway paving and I asked about bidding the sign work and I found out they are installed in Michigan by the MDOT pre fabricated in the sign manufacturing shop according to my contact but idk if this is true now after your post
              The co. i work for does not fabricate the signs or the mounts they are hired for the install only.Then they sub me in for the steel part.They needed a certified welder to do that part of the work plus they don,t weld.

Comment

Adams Welding, You need to be care full of this.

Some fabricating friends of mine did some big highway sign posts out of pipe that was approximately 12" diameter and they spliced one of the pipes together, ground the welds smooth and sent them out to be galvanized, The DOT would not accept the posts because they were spliced. ( The galvanized showed the weld )

This happened about 15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.