Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought I would share.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I would share.

This is a project a buddy and I did in Afghanistan. So we could fly the American flag on our fob which there wasn't one and send them home to those we felt like thanking for there support while we were deployed. He did all the cutting(left side) and I did the designs and construction. I don't have any pictures of the welds or anything. In the future I'll make sure to.
    side note : The guy taking the picture took it crooked, It's not the project..hahaha.
    Last edited by RCASPY85; 10-07-2012, 06:06 AM.

Excellent work
    Thanks for sharing

Ji

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Nice dress blues btw....Bob

Comment

Thanks guys. The Miller jackets held up decently. Mid tour a couple of the buttons starting ripping off of mine. My buddys held strong though. So I guess just luck of the draw on that. hahaha. No sweat though, Im obviously still a fan.

Comment

a picture of our "shop" and one of the flags flying on a windy day.

Comment

Custom gator we played with, was initially 6 wheels,we made it 4. custom shifter,mini steering wheel, cab cover, exhaust( it was loud as ****) and the bed was chopped and shortened ( my contribution to the project)

Comment

My thanks to you for your service, guys. Oh yeah, nice projects too...

Comment

Where is the drinks fridge?

Ji

Comment

Originally posted by strube1369 View Post
                  My thanks to you for your service, guys. Oh yeah, nice projects too...
                  Thank you for your Support man.

Originally posted by Jigantor View Post
                  Where is the drinks fridge?

Ji
                  haha, that would of been a good idea. dammit.

Comment

nice

I like it. And we all thank all of you that serve our country,and served our country to keep us all safe.

Comment

Originally posted by armor View Post
                      I like it. And we all thank all of you that serve our country,and served our country to keep us all safe.
                      and we all thank you Armor for your support!

Comment

My family and I want to Thank you for your service. Also great looking projects you have there. Stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by RCASPY85 View Post
                          ... Mid tour a couple of the buttons starting ripping off of mine...
                          ****, sell it to the Marines. They can't afford new stuff anyway. (I talked with a gal who had been in the Corps. She said the desk she worked had to have been Army surplus, because it only had three legs, LOL.)

Comment

Originally posted by odleo View Post
                            My family and I want to Thank you for your service. Also great looking projects you have there. Stay safe
                            You and your family's support is greatly appreciated Odleo.

Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
                            ****, sell it to the Marines. They can't afford new stuff anyway. (I talked with a gal who had been in the Corps. She said the desk she worked had to have been Army surplus, because it only had three legs, LOL.)
                            hahahaha, that sounds about right. You should see the ARMY issued welding jackets we get though. Its a **** shame. These jackets were paid for out of pocket. Actually, Most of our protective gear is.haha, but hey, it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.