Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anime Sword

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime Sword

About the third day into my sons school holidays he asked me if I would help him make a anime sword. The sword is only for display so we decided to make it out of aluminium.
    We came up with a design, made a pattern and started in.
    A few hours later we had something that looked pretty good.
    It was great to have a project with my son. He is already a qualified welder and very handy around the workshop but is off to university next year to become an accountant.

Ji
    Attached Files

Very cool project man, the best part is you made a project turn into some good father son time that is priceless regardless of what the project is. I have a daughter (5 yr. old) a little young to introduce her to tig, i let her look through another hood when i tig she thinks it neat. However im about to let squeeze the trigger on the mig so she can what all them sparks are from when dad is welding.

Comment

Hi Three Turbos,
      Yes I agree, great to involve your children.
      I booked in to do a Tig welding course at TAFE when my son was 14. I told him that I would drop him off somewhere while I was doing the night course. He asked if he could come too. I was pretty happy to hear that so I booked him in as well. To date he is the youngest person to do a welding course in Australia. Our teachers told me that he would not be able to pass the hard stuff but at least he would get some experience. He passed it all. I knew back then that he was going to become an accountant but this welding experience will help one day when something breaks down out west and all they have to fix it is a farm stick welder.

Ji

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.