small welding rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small welding rig

This is my main rig i use on job sites.. i just bought a tractor supply trailer and added a rack for carrying 20' lengths. Miller aead 200le and air compressor with craftsman reel.
    Attached Files

I like it, real practical.

Comment

Thanks, It has pretty much all i need for equipment repair.

Comment

i been having the same idea, only with a wildcat 200 , small torch and such on my ford ranger. that looks like a good setup

Comment

Nice. Now to keep it from getting stolen. I know a few that have come up missing. Like the mailbox knocker on the right side ....Bob
          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

welding rig security

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
            Nice. Now to keep it from getting stolen. I know a few that have come up missing. Like the mailbox knocker on the right side ....Bob
            Its usually loked up in the shop but when its not... i provided a pic of what a thief will get
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
              Its usually loked up in the shop but when its not... i provided a pic of what a thief will get
              That gave me an idea for a new thread!

Comment

Originally posted by killroy View Post
                i been having the same idea, only with a wildcat 200 , small torch and such on my ford ranger. that looks like a good setup
                I used to have it all on my truck but problem with that was.. it got cluttered quick, i couldnt haul full lengths of material, and when i had to go somewhere quick i had to wrap everything up or unhook it. Now i jus unhook the trailer n go. I carry a air compressor cause i do alot of gouging and i use a needle scaler on most jobs

Comment

How much gouging can you do with that many amps and that size compressor?
                  BB402D
                  TB300D
                  DIMENSION652
                  MM250X
                  MAXSTAR140
                  S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                  HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Originally posted by admweld View Post
                    200 amps 100% duty cycle... 3/16 rod. That compressor keeps up pretty good. Im not gouging through 1'' plate or nothing. Usually jus replacing bushings n stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by admweld:293070
                      I havnt done it my self but people are gouging with little inverters these days. They even make some with a gouge setting.

Comment

I've been thinking of building a trailer too. I don't have much room to haul in my truck bed with a Trailblazer mounted in the middle.

How long is your trailer? When you're carrying a 20' bar is there enough room between your trailer and truck?
                        Lincoln Vantage 400
                        Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™

Miller Dynasty® 350
                        Millermatic 350P Aluminum
                        Millermatic® 252
                        Syncrowave 351
                        Lincoln LN-25 Pro

Multimatic™ 200

XR-Aluma Pro Gun
                        Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
                        Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Comment

Originally posted by kvwall:293154
                          I've been thinking of building a trailer too. I don't have much room to haul in my truck bed with a Trailblazer mounted in the middle.

How long is your trailer? When you're carrying a 20' bar is there enough room between your trailer and truck?
                          The trailer is only 6' long but i extended the rack over the tongue a little ways.. it hangs off the back and the front so whenever i get something with it the material has to be sturdy.. if i get flimsy round rod i have to use flat bed or buy angle along with it. As far as it hitting the truck... nah. Its over the bed a little bit but its far enough up not to be a worry

Comment

Small Welding Rig

That is one fine rig. I can see you having many uses for it. Thanks for sharing here

Comment

Working...
                            X