Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

small welding rig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small welding rig

This is my main rig i use on job sites.. i just bought a tractor supply trailer and added a rack for carrying 20' lengths. Miller aead 200le and air compressor with craftsman reel.
    Attached Files

I like it, real practical.

Comment

Thanks, It has pretty much all i need for equipment repair.

Comment

i been having the same idea, only with a wildcat 200 , small torch and such on my ford ranger. that looks like a good setup

Comment

Nice. Now to keep it from getting stolen. I know a few that have come up missing. Like the mailbox knocker on the right side ....Bob

Comment

welding rig security

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
            Nice. Now to keep it from getting stolen. I know a few that have come up missing. Like the mailbox knocker on the right side ....Bob
            Its usually loked up in the shop but when its not... i provided a pic of what a thief will get
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
              Its usually loked up in the shop but when its not... i provided a pic of what a thief will get
              That gave me an idea for a new thread!

Comment

Originally posted by killroy View Post
                i been having the same idea, only with a wildcat 200 , small torch and such on my ford ranger. that looks like a good setup
                I used to have it all on my truck but problem with that was.. it got cluttered quick, i couldnt haul full lengths of material, and when i had to go somewhere quick i had to wrap everything up or unhook it. Now i jus unhook the trailer n go. I carry a air compressor cause i do alot of gouging and i use a needle scaler on most jobs

Comment

How much gouging can you do with that many amps and that size compressor?

Comment

Originally posted by admweld View Post
                    200 amps 100% duty cycle... 3/16 rod. That compressor keeps up pretty good. Im not gouging through 1'' plate or nothing. Usually jus replacing bushings n stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by admweld:293070
                      I havnt done it my self but people are gouging with little inverters these days. They even make some with a gouge setting.

Comment

I've been thinking of building a trailer too. I don't have much room to haul in my truck bed with a Trailblazer mounted in the middle.

How long is your trailer? When you're carrying a 20' bar is there enough room between your trailer and truck?

Comment

Originally posted by kvwall:293154
                          I've been thinking of building a trailer too. I don't have much room to haul in my truck bed with a Trailblazer mounted in the middle.

How long is your trailer? When you're carrying a 20' bar is there enough room between your trailer and truck?
                          The trailer is only 6' long but i extended the rack over the tongue a little ways.. it hangs off the back and the front so whenever i get something with it the material has to be sturdy.. if i get flimsy round rod i have to use flat bed or buy angle along with it. As far as it hitting the truck... nah. Its over the bed a little bit but its far enough up not to be a worry

Comment

Small Welding Rig

That is one fine rig. I can see you having many uses for it. Thanks for sharing here

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.