Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding shield

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding shield

Can I use a normal blue tarp for a welding shield. Or does it have to be a special cloth. I think anything would work.

Paul

It depends on how big of a fire you want...NO

Comment

If it's just for a flash shield it should work just fine as long as it's not right where the welding is taking place. Leave enough room that sparks and heat don't get on it. Several feet away from work area, if you are worried about flash blinding someone it should do OK.

Comment

clear plastic...maybe someone with a brain will see you and think to their self..."self he iswearing a mask to protect himself...perhaps i should not look at the pretty pink light"

Comment

It would be to protect little one inside the house and be several feet from welding. Are the semi-transparent plastic welding shield better? Would they protect the eyes of someone happen to be caught watching?

Thanks.

Comment

For some minor work someone inside a house will not be effected, even a common plastic would do the trick if it was an issue. People walking by etc.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.