Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air boat build 2

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air boat build 2

more pics

Air boat build 2

Comment

Air boat build 2

Comment

Thats a lot of welding !

Ji

Comment

how much do the kits cost for a personalized unit.

Comment

Air boat build 2

we bought all the aluminum for a complete hull sides v broke the bottom with turning chimes broke in it bottom 1/4" transom & bulkhead 3/16" sides 1/8". all for about 3000

Comment

Looks like it will be WAY underpowered with ONLY a 454 in it.

Comment

Air boat build 2

I have plans to build a 17 ft jet sled. I'm not going to start it until I'm comfortable welding alum. I just bought a miller 252, and I'm really trying to decided if I should just buy the 30A spoolgun? Or step up to the push pull gun?

I have been welding aluminum with my 180 and spoolgun 100, for a couple of years. Obviously I just stepped it up with the 252!

After building your airboat, that is really close to a jet sled. What would you recommend?

By the way that thing is awesome, I hope my duck boat turns out half as nice as yours.

Comment

Air boat build 2

thanks!! a spool gun outta work fine that's what I have, but I worked at a boat factory some And they had a push pull they r awesome but pricey bout 1800 itself u really need a high freq set up for your visible welds

Comment

Air boat build 2

Thanks, think I'm going with the spoolgun. Then the next purchase is the 280 hopefully if it ever comes out? Going to Tig all welds that will be visible. I have been spending time at a local aluminum boat builder here in Idaho really looking at how they put them together. The are using 350p with spoolgun and Dynasty 350's.

Comment

Maybe you could give me some advice?? I have a 14.5ft Diamond back airboat and I have a few cracks I have to weld up is there any thing i need to know before i do this?? I have a Miller 211 with spoolmate100.
                      aluminum is 5052 by the way. thanks

Comment

Air boat build 2

I would clean it with alcohol or acetone a couple times and heat it up with a torch depending on thickness how much.slighty brush it and wipe it down then weld. oxidized aluminum welds crappy

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.