Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket size layout guide for holes.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket size layout guide for holes.

I do lots of hole layout at work in steel pipes and i can remember the holes sizes but i can't set my dividers from memory. So i like everyone else hold my dividers up to a tape measure or use a rule to set them. Then i made this aluminum plate with a center and the rest of the hole sizes layed out in a semi circle. So now i just stick one leg of the dividers in the center punch mark and the other leg in the size i want. Simple enough. Sure knocked off a bunch of time when you have to layout 25 holes all different sizes. I even have room for sizes i might run across sometime Standard size fittings on the right and 3000# fittings on the left...Bob
    Attached Files

excellent idea!

Comment

Pocket size layout guide for holes.

Nice.... Except for the decimals

Comment

Nice, but a few questions.
        1) why not just use a strait line for each length?

2) seems to be a large jump in space from the 1" to 1.5" verses the 1.5" to 2"

3) no 3" ?

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post

3) no 3" ?
          Straight would work.

Don't know about the jump as those are the OD's of the couplings i use.

I don't use a 3" coupling and the size could be added but our shop didn't have one laying around to measure...Bob

Comment

Excellent idea Bob. Thanks for sharing. Will be making one for our shop

Comment

good idea, now I know what I'll build next time I'm waiting on parts

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post

3) no 3" ?
                I think the #s on the right are correct but the #s on the left seem to be messed up...FWICT

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
                  I think the #s on the right are correct but the #s on the left seem to be messed up...FWICT
                  The left side is for 3,000# couplings are both sides are correct to the fittings. There is a line for 2" pipe on the right side as its the only size of pipe i use so i put it there. I make special tanks and pressure vessels and these are the sizes i use. More can be added at any time...Bob

Comment

I get it now...thanks.
                    It would have helped to read the post not just look at the pictures...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.