Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Cart for Miller 211 with 2 cylinders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Cart for Miller 211 with 2 cylinders

I had a need to hold two cylinders and my new Miller 211 welder. I had a lot of fun building it and I think it turned out pretty cool.

The frame is made by 1.25" square tubing and reinforced in the center because the thickness was only .065. The sheet metal I used was also .065 thickness. The 4" sides were 1/8" because I didn't feel confident that the .065 would hold up with the weight and constant movement over time. Plus, I always like to overbuild a little because I would rather not have problems in the future.

I still have to make a handle for it, and a place to wrap the cords. I left the front of the bottom shelf open in case I decide later to put a pull-out drawer in it.

Name:  e2e1d893d96b6b7213701d1d137a38c3.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  49.7 KB
    Name:  3419a782fa503496b0642cd9afdae329.jpg
Size:  42.7 KB
    Name:  23b8ab7dc0b748f0330252f4bf42419f.jpg
Size:  50.1 KB

This will be painted Miller blue of course.

If you like what you see, find us on facebook and "like" my page or follow me on twitter.

www.facebook.com/diywp
    www.twitter.com/diyweldingplans

thanks for your interest and any comments!

cool ! I like the fenders.

Comment

Very cool, you thought it out well!

Comment

Very nice cart.

Comment

Very clean. I like it! I also like the way you put the edge on the shelf.

Comment

Fenders

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
            cool ! I like the fenders.
            Hi, thanks for the comment. The fenders were totally an afterthought I had to protect the tires from sparks.

Comment

Plans

Originally posted by Gingerboy View Post
              Very cool, you thought it out well!
              Thank you for the compliment. I had some help from my father who is a cad designer so I was able to see it before I built it. Even then, I still made improvements as I went. Drawing it out is a key element for me to get my ideas on paper. It is cheaper than building what is in my head and then cutting, making changes, re-welding, etc. I have done that too.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by kevhead63 View Post
                Very nice cart.
                Thank you!

Comment

Mitered Edge

Originally posted by Lindley View Post
                  Very clean. I like it! I also like the way you put the edge on the shelf.
                  Hey Lindley, thank you for the comment. Glad you liked that, I think I'll start doing that with some more of my plans.

Comment

Originally posted by diyweldingplans View Post
                    Thank you for the compliment. I had some help from my father who is a cad designer so I was able to see it before I built it. Even then, I still made improvements as I went. Drawing it out is a key element for me to get my ideas on paper. It is cheaper than building what is in my head and then cutting, making changes, re-welding, etc. I have done that too.
                    I make sketches of all my projects before starting. then, while constructing it seems the light goes on and come up with a better method or change.

Comment

Sweet welder card, nice work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                        I make sketches of all my projects before starting. then, while constructing it seems the light goes on and come up with a better method or change.
                        My thoughts exactly! It is amazing how we can draw on paper and it looks pretty awesome, then we build and improve, the awesomeness gets even more awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer8404 View Post
                          Sweet welder card, nice work!!!
                          Thanks!

Comment

Updated pictures

Hi all, thank you for your comments on my cart. I have finished painting it and mounted the welder and tanks, I also threw some Miller decals on it to make it look like the Millermatic 211 welder belongs on the cart. This was my first project with my new 211.

Name:  18e13eba638ec80c206614bcbaa22a5b.jpg
Size:  66.2 KB
                            Name:  118c190f95018179139e82c7d4f1da3e.jpg
Size:  50.2 KB
                            Name:  12e503a6ff94c866d8c7f65d6659ce14.jpg
Size:  56.3 KB
                            Name:  6243d9acfbe5d51cc6248894475b5417.jpg
Size:  56.3 KB
                            Name:  0c9859cdba27d11fa6171e0ed0b47fb0.jpg
Size:  59.8 KB

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.