Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some welding projects....looking for opinions part 2 !!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some welding projects....looking for opinions part 2 !!!

The following are several pics of some welding projects I recently completed. I am largely self taught with the most time on MIG welding. TIG and Stick have only been recently.

These were all done with metal I scrounged or had on hand.

This is a welding table.......was all MIG welded except for several small welds that I TIG welded after I ran out of gas for the MIG.

The last is a vice stand I made for use outside. Two of my three welding tables have a receiver style for the vice and I built this to take advantage of this. All MIG welded.

The table looks fine but the vice stand I have a proplem with. If the vice is extended with weight in it, it will be subject to tipping. Also I would have put the vice bar in line with one of the legs which I think should be longer.

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
      The table looks fine but the vice stand I have a proplem with. If the vice is extended with weight in it, it will be subject to tipping. Also I would have put the vice bar in line with one of the legs which I think should be longer.
      The vice was mounted wrong for the pic. Switching it 180 degrees does put the vice over a leg. I didn't build it for anything real heavy. I also don't plan on extending out it out either. Pretty much built it for a second pair of hands to weld or grind on !

Comment

Hi, RAH.

I looked at both posts.
        I think you did a good job welding/painting, etc.
        Everybody finishes a project and thinks "now, how could I improve that?", so there will always be opinions on how to do better.

Both of these look like fun projects and I'm sure you learned from each.

Keep posting and keep welding!

Comment

Good job, you just joined the club of the guys that made something to be improved, in fact this happens to me on most of my projects...

the best prospects always show-up after the wedding

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.