Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Bobcat 225 on Trailer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Bobcat 225 on Trailer

Attached are pics of a Miller Bobcat 225 mounted on a trailer I built for the purpose. The Bobcat unit was purchased with the factory propane option and is fueled by "fork lift" propane cylinders.

Why propane? At least 50% of the justification for buying this unit was to serve as an emergency power back up supply..

Having worked for a small company that installs emergency backup power systems, a key lesson learned was to go with propane since it doesn't deteriorate in long storage and you never have engine/carburetor gum up problems as you do with gasoline power units.

A copy of NFPA 58 code and a local knowledgeable propane dealer was very helpful in laying this system out to ensure compliance with propane fire & DOT codes.

While I have done some welding for hire with this unit, it has been primarily a hobby welder and home emergency back up power source.
    Attached Files

Looks good. Appears that you didn't get time to make some cable cord holders. I bought a Trailblazer for emergency power too and it can weld too.
    At least that's what I told my wife.

Comment

Nice little setup I bet with some torches and a toolbox that sucker will pay for its self in 6 months. I like it. I'm waiting on a TB300D from work and ill be looking into doing th e same thing. I like the propane if I couldnt get the diesel for so cheap I would be extremely interested in propane it burns the cleanest.

Comment

Nice setup I'd knock the corners off those angles at the front though. A 45 degree cut about 1/2 way out the leg would make it safer.-Meltedmetal

Comment

Toss an O2 bottle on and use the LP for a torch set up.

Comment

thanks for the comments

thanks for all the comments.. I bought the Bobcat after Hurricane Fran came through and swore from then on I'd have some back up emergency power..... had never planned to do any for hire welding... but ended up doing a fair bit just by word of mouth contacts.
            Last edited by dandeman; 07-17-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.