Just Another Cart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Another Cart

Yeah..I too made a cart as my first project and looking back probably should have made a table first. Welding on the floor isn't much fun.

Used 2x2 for the structure and 1x1 for various supports and cable holders. I mainly used flux core at the beginning and then switched over to MIG as I gained more and more confident with the unit. All and all got about $70 in materials it.
    Attached Files

Good job.
    Bet you are already wishing for larger bottles.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

Comment

Originally posted by jbois View Post
      Yeah..I too made a cart as my first project and looking back probably should have made a table first. Welding on the floor isn't much fun.

Used 2x2 for the structure and 1x1 for various supports and cable holders. I mainly used flux core at the beginning and then switched over to MIG as I gained more and more confident with the unit. All and all got about $70 in materials it.
      Nice cart man. the MM180 is what I am looking at buying - I would like a 211 but can't justify the need. nice work.
      Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
      Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Comment

Looks nice. How does it roll with those wheels ? Them maybe be a little small
        if you get larger tanks or tank.

'Nice cart man. the MM180 is what I am looking at buying - I would like a 211 but can't justify the need.''
        As far as the 211 goes, by me you are only looking at $170.00 difference. You can never have too much machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post

As far as the 211 goes, by me you are only looking at $170.00 difference. You can never have too much machine.
          BD1 - oh no you didn't. maaaaaaan. I was FINALLY coming to terms w/not hunting for the 211...and that minimal $ was one of the biggest hurdles for me to overcome....there goes a month or so of self therapy in talking myself into the 180.....i'm just a hammerhead that is taking his first welding class next month (adult program at a local voc. school) as a hobbyist...

off to go find my therapy tapes to listen to again - now I think I want the 211 all over again!
          Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Comment

Just get it...211

Originally posted by jfk92 View Post
            BD1 -...i'm just a hammerhead that is taking his first welding class next month (adult program at a local voc. school) as a hobbyist...

off to go find my therapy tapes to listen to again - now I think I want the 211 all over again!
            You won't miss the $170 any way...unless it means you can't get a helmet.
            MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
            Just For Home Projects.

Comment

jboies, nice compact cart, good work.

jfk92, face the facts you're a future 211 owner...don't go against your nature

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                jboies, nice compact cart, good work.

jfk92, face the facts you're a future 211 owner...don't go against your nature
                ..... must.....resist.....stay...strong.........eh...f'i t...I'm back on the 211 train now! lol. i don't have a d*mn thing to weld. pretty confident I can plug it into a wall...that's about where my skills end....but...I will have it!

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses......Hit it"
                Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                  Looks nice. How does it roll with those wheels ? Them maybe be a little small
                  if you get larger tanks or tank.

'Nice cart man. the MM180 is what I am looking at buying - I would like a 211 but can't justify the need.''
                  It rolls pretty good in the garage and driveway. I left the axle tabs a little long in-case I wanted to upgrade the wheel size to some air filled tires.

Comment

Those little tanks could have gone Under the MM180, and left room outback for the larger tank, or an O/A torch set up. As it is, that thing will never fly. Unless you use it to build a Trebuchet, then it might go somewhere. Looks like a handy addition to your new MIG. Add bigger wheels for easier manuvering.

Comment

Originally posted by jfk92 View Post
                      BD1 - oh no you didn't. maaaaaaan. I was FINALLY coming to terms w/not hunting for the 211...and that minimal $ was one of the biggest hurdles for me to overcome....there goes a month or so of self therapy in talking myself into the 180.....i'm just a hammerhead that is taking his first welding class next month (adult program at a local voc. school) as a hobbyist...

You know YOU WANT ONE ! 211 ! I am not SORRY for posting that ! I'am sorry about hijacking the cart thread. There is a thread on another site where a guy is selling his 180 to buy a 211. The 110 volt feature alone will convince you. Admit
                      it, IT'S A DONE DEAL ! Please do not deprive YOURSELF of what you really want.

Comment

Nice cart, you need to find a better place to buy steel though! That is a lot of money for that little bit of tubing.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                          Nice cart, you need to find a better place to buy steel though! That is a lot of money for that little bit of tubing.
                          hummmm...we did not see his new 45 bucks scrap pile .

just pulling legs here, since i can't tell were the steel sources are from posters location sometime you have to pay more to get it asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bistineau View Post
                            Those little tanks could have gone Under the MM180, and left room outback for the larger tank, or an O/A torch set up. As it is, that thing will never fly. Unless you use it to build a Trebuchet, then it might go somewhere. Looks like a handy addition to your new MIG. Add bigger wheels for easier manuvering.
                            The bottom space is reserved for my stick welder just haven't mounted it down there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                              Oh.. i got about 10 foot of steel left over. My cost assessment was for steel that was used, roll of flux wire, wheels, and paint.

Comment

Working...
                              X