Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

recent job

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent job

Few pics of railing just did.
    Attached Files

recent job

Hmm is that just 1 1/2? Pipes cut at random lengths and shoved into wooden posts then painted with a rattle can?

Comment

Um...NO

Originally posted by drpipe View Post
      Hmm is that just 1 1/2? Pipes cut at random lengths and shoved into wooden posts then painted with a rattle can?
      If you looked closer you would notice brackets ON the posts...but I'm sure his welds are not near as good as yours 24k...shame your eyes aren't near as good though.

Comment

The brackets are anchored with lag screws into the post.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, you used lags. Next time try a birch dowel at about 75 amps, to stick weld them on. If you get the foil covered dowels from the craft store you can do aluminum to wood as well
          Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
            Oh, you used lags. Next time try a birch dowel at about 75 amps, to stick weld them on. If you get the foil covered dowels from the craft store you can do aluminum to wood as well
            Looks good.
            Yes but,what keeps the wood from burning?

Comment

Looks good.
              I,ll stick with lag screws thanks.

Comment

recent job

Lmfao ........ Did ya stove pipe it

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
                  Yes but,what keeps the wood from burning?
                  You just keep the amps low, and like some guys do with 6010, you can dunk 'em in water, as they need a little moisture to lay a good bead.

Comment

You just keep the amps low, and like some guys do with 6010, you can dunk 'em in water, as they need a little moisture to lay a good bead.
                    wood needs oxygen to burn, keep your shopvac near by and suck-it

edit: sorry for hyjacking the subject, the work done is a good job and i'm sure the customer is happy about it.

note: english not being my first language people here made me work harder to keep up with the birch dowell thing...lmao too ;o)
                    Last edited by snowbird; 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Lmfao ........ Did ya stove pipe it
                      What are you looking at ?? Focus, focus. The brackets are fastened with lag
                      screws to the post. Pipe railing is welded to the bracket. Hard to see to a untrained eye. Pipe and brackets are black and post are white.

Comment

recent job

Bd1 I use my iPhone to play on the net at work when I'm not making flawless welds I come here or surf **** sites ....... Pardon me to the welder I was looking at very small pics ...... Bitty1 your not going to get me going cause your not worthy to carry my rod bucket

Comment

Bd1 I use my iPhone to play on the net at work when I'm not making flawless welds I come here or surf **** sites ....... Pardon me to the welder I was looking at very small pics ...... Bitty1 your not going to get me going cause your not worthy to carry my rod bucket
                          drpipe should be bought for what he is worth and sold for what he thinks he worth. I always say show your worth with your work not your mouth. flawless welds blah blah blah don't hurt your shoulder pattin yourself on the back. What a Richard!

Comment

Originally posted by corbyndad View Post
                            drpipe should be bought for what he is worth and sold for what he thinks he worth. I always say show your worth with your work not your mouth. flawless welds blah blah blah don't hurt your shoulder pattin yourself on the back. What a Richard!
                            Yes indeed, "It's best to engage brain before opening mouth.'' Difficult at times,and could get to in trouble.

Comment

recent job

**** your breaking my heart whoopty woo ... Don't hate. I got a raise today the doctor is making 40 hr to weld rollout on pipe spools all day..... Well that and decide where to put the field tie ins and decypher the blueprints

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.