Tractor Pick Ax - for a guy with a weak back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Pick Ax - for a guy with a weak back

Exactly, another mod in the works. Didn't know I'd be putting it on my 3 point.
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This should take some of the flex out of the bottom of the bucket. Starting to laugh at myself. I enjoy welding, but I'm going to have to sit down and plan out these projects a little more carefully. This thing is starting to look like some old relic tank barrier off of some distant historic war beach.
      Attached Files
      Syncrowave 200
      Millermatic 252
      Maxstar 150 S
      Miller Bobcat 250
      Sketchup 8 Pro

Comment

Plant in the spring or the fall when the ground isn't as hard. That's the best time for trees and other perennials anyway.
        Miller stuff:
        Dialarc 250 (1974)
        Syncrowave 250 (1992)
        Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

I fully understand OP's love of welding and his fabricating the attachment to the bucket, but may I suggest using water to soften up the concrete soil, prior to using the pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodhand View Post
            I fully understand OP's love of welding and his fabricating the attachment to the bucket, but may I suggest using water to soften up the concrete soil, prior to using the pick?
            We usually wait for a good rain. However, there's so much clay in the soil that the water doesn't penetrate very deeply. Fabricating this thing was an excuse for a welding project, to fine tune welding skills and other plasma cutting techniques. You might say the the project was of "secondary" importance. Frankly one day it will make a good anchor for a mooring ball for someones sailboat.......maybe not heavy enough for that either. LOL.
            Syncrowave 200
            Millermatic 252
            Maxstar 150 S
            Miller Bobcat 250
            Sketchup 8 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gobysky View Post
              We usually wait for a good rain. However, there's so much clay in the soil that the water doesn't penetrate very deeply. Fabricating this thing was an excuse for a welding project, to fine tune welding skills and other plasma cutting techniques. You might say the the project was of "secondary" importance. Frankly one day it will make a good anchor for a mooring ball for someones sailboat.......maybe not heavy enough for that either. LOL.
              We have that same clay problem, here. Yesterday, my a neighbor asked me to turn off my yard sprinkler, because water was pooling under his house, slightly lower than my yard. We are stuck in a drought, but trying to water deeply is tough, due to the clay soil.

Dang, wish I had a plasma cutter. Cheers! :-)

Comment

Working...
              X