Few pics from work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drpipe View Post
    Funny all you do in this thread is try to poke at me and get me to insult you back .... You have not once tried to answer anything I have asked or addressed anything I have pointed out
    Not True on your first post I told you that we had to follow a procedure and then you begain to say that I couldn't tote the metal of a 1/8" to cap.The only reason for these photos posted is to allow those people on here that doesn't have the opportunity to see this type of work performed.i havent asked a question about my welds as to whether or not they need to be better, I know I need to perform better welds. In the future I won't post anymore pics about my work just so I won't be the reason of anymore of your censored or deleted post.BTW where are your pics of your welds so we may see just what a goldenarm welds look like?
    Last edited by 74hotrod; 07-04-2012, 05:39 AM.
    Miller AEAD-200LE
    Lincoln AC/DC tombstone
    Victor OC\AC flaming tomahawk
    Metabo's

Comment

Don't let him bug you post what you want ...thicken your skin some

I like seeing pics of things i don't do ..My father did pipe and then he got smart and bought a backhoe and other equipment and quit pipe welding

A procedure is something that is made up by engineers for people to follow
      and if some folk think there smarter than the engineer then they need to march right up to them and tell them there all wrong and why there wrong .
      97% of the time that will get you canned....
      Engineers have a high opinion of themselves too and since the welder has maybe the experience he does not have the college degrees so the welder loses unless something goes wrong then the blame is on the engineer unless he can show the welder didn't follow procedure

I have only talked to a few engineers and some are pretty smart and some have no practical knowledge one that was in my welding class was telling about something he wanted to do and i listened to him and when they all left i told him a much simpler way to do what he wanted to do and he thought about it and said i never thought of that... my thought was oh boy nothing like an engineer to over complicate something as simple as cutting a piece of steel

You can call your self DR. all you want but in the real world of it don't mean jack...unless you have some REAL degrees from a REAL institution not some stuff you got off the net
      All else is your own opinion which also means jack.... in the real world
      Backed my CATMA over your CARMA
      OOP"S clumsy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite (new)
      Jackson EQC master (old)
      Miller Trail Blazer 302 Air Pak
      Spectrum 625 Extreme
      Suitcase 12RC
      Evolution Rage 3 saw
      Victor O/A
      Craftsmen Atlas 12X36 Lathe
      Half a ton of tooling
      Rusty old truck

Comment

Originally posted by killdozerd11 View Post
        Don't let him bug you post what you want ...thicken your skin some

I like seeing pics of things i don't do ..My father did pipe and then he got smart and bought a backhoe and other equipment and quit pipe welding

A procedure is something that is made up by engineers for people to follow
        and if some folk think there smarter than the engineer then they need to march right up to them and tell them there all wrong and why there wrong .
        97% of the time that will get you canned....
        Engineers have a high opinion of themselves too and since the welder has maybe the experience he does not have the college degrees so the welder loses unless something goes wrong then the blame is on the engineer unless he can show the welder didn't follow procedure

I have only talked to a few engineers and some are pretty smart and some have no practical knowledge one that was in my welding class was telling about something he wanted to do and i listened to him and when they all left i told him a much simpler way to do what he wanted to do and he thought about it and said i never thought of that... my thought was oh boy nothing like an engineer to over complicate something as simple as cutting a piece of steel

You can call your self DR. all you want but in the real world of it don't mean jack...unless you have some REAL degrees from a REAL institution not some stuff you got off the net
        All else is your own opinion which also means jack.... in the real world
        Right 100%. You gotta be diplomate when discussing anything with engineers. If you are young and he is old ,good luck. It's all the way you
        expose yourself people. Some people don't want your side, end of story.
        It's better to let others think you are dumb then open mouth and remove all
        doubt.
        We had a guy that kept on telling everyone that he welds like a machine, none better. I told him yea, you are a welding machine. Yep ! We should just lock you up in the gang box with the rest of the machines. Weld yes, layout ability, none, system operation , none, order material and setup , none. Yep, just a welder. Round and round we go. Point, I weld ! End of story. He was a **** of a welder. I know he had trouble reading the thing with the numbers and lines on it too. Yea, a rule.

Comment

Keep pictures of work coming. It is nice to see what type of work is being done around the world. Dont worry about what people say. Nice work.

Comment

pics from work

Thanks for the pics hotrod. We all gain when guys like you show us how you work. Keep the post coming!

Comment

Ohh I got plenty of pics I've posted quite a few ill gladly post more after the holiday when I get back to work but right now I'm headed to the lake to blow off off my cannon ... That I made it is ten inch xx pipe it fires 1/2 pound of black powder ....... Here's one of my flawless pipe welds done in a nasty local refinery 8010 bead 7018 fill cap
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks real good. I was never really all that pleased with my consistency, other people thought they were fine but I never really liked the looks of my welds all that much. Some guys are gifted and I know Flange J and a couple others post some real nice stuff but the dr here is more my style. More fluid, less tedious for lack of better wording.

I have ran into a few engineers too, in most cases they are way smarter than I am, I have ran into a few who must have thought that degree was as good as any, they got the paper, maybe super specialized too who knows. Seen a mechanical that didn'tnt know what a Lovejoy was. Thought they had to engineer this part from scratch, ha. But for the most part they can solve stuff I don't have a clue about.

A couple I have met who were surprising and about as good as any better inerin some sense had high school diploma.

I was on job a while back, as I recall I was the crane operator and there was a problem with the facility, sour gas pspongesopnges or something and Shell had sent a white hat or 2 to look this over and of course the operator Shell hands were, well, distant to say the least and I am chatting this guy up and pretty much nod and agree (I don't have a clue) but they were paying by the hour to stand there,,, so finally this guy goes over to talk to the hands a few ft away. He points to me and says,,, this guy (pointing to me) and I think this or that,,, was funny as **** because I know these guys, they all look over,,, oh yeah???? with this struck look, they know I absolutely don't know squat.

I don't recall all details at the moment but he liked me,,, all I did was agree that it was a possibility and that it kind of made sense, not rocket science couldn't couldnt see much downside to the logic that since we didnt have gas flow there might be a plugged pipe.
                Last edited by Sberry; 07-04-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Few pics from work

Sberry you are a kool Kat with a ton of interesting stories

Comment

I wasn't always a shining employee when I was on the loose out in the world. I was a compulsive job hopper a lot of the time with a poor attitude fueled by some hi octane barley pop most of the time,,, or recovering, ha Sometime I might finish the one about DD the barmaid and the Mennonite tank builder.

Comment

they all look good to me but.... as long as they passed the x-ray

Here is a few of mine they where all welded to b31.1 steam code. 2 where sch 40 3" and some 10" and 8" sch 40
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	johns weld1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	514768

Name:	johns weld5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	514769

Name:	johns weld7.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	514770

Name:	johns weld6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	514771
                      Last edited by Pipewelder101; 07-22-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I like those, the last one is really my style, I don't care for the butterfly weave, I like the fluid smooth look.

Comment

hey drpipe thats a nice looking weld

Comment

S.berry you should have been a politician because you sure do have alot of duplomacy ( I mean that in a Good way )

Dr. Pipe I dont know you and I dont doubt that you a great pipe welder but please remember, we are here to share information so try to go easy on people trying to share imformation.
                            If some one gives bad imformation then by all means feel free to bust there chops but from what I seen the guy was just showing some welds that he did.

I always look at a glass as being 1/2 full than 1/2 empty.

Comment

Working...
                            X