Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Few pics from work

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few pics from work

Name:  73f148f6b9bb4340aa6cb5069ecd6bc1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  148.9 KB
    Cap on a 8" carbon sch. 40 steam line. 1/8" 6010 root,3/32" 7018 fill and cap
    Name:  8aa563ee552d15493abb42c844c163f1.jpg
Size:  149.6 KB
    Same line about to fly up in pipe bridge
    Name:  d2d293a5494d3c7cad5cc845167a43b6.jpg
Size:  118.4 KB
    Root pass
    Name:  d16eeefaaf67bd6a9866ffc31ba6ebdb.jpg
Size:  43.2 KB
    36" header with 18: branch 316 SS bout 80 feet in air

nice work, very nice penetration.
    Cheers

Comment

Few pics from work

It looks like it was rolled or in quarters so why did you use 3/32? Even if I did it in position I would have used5/32 root 1/8 to fill cap ..... But since it was a steam line I probably would have just filled it right under flush with 6010 then slicked on an 1/8 cap

Comment

Originally posted by drpipe View Post
        It looks like it was rolled or in quarters so why did you use 3/32? Even if I did it in position I would have used5/32 root 1/8 to fill cap ..... But since it was a steam line I probably would have just filled it right under flush with 6010 then slicked on an 1/8 cap
        Its called Procedures and we have to follow them.

Comment

Nice ! I like the umbrella. I stick mine in a 3 leg pipe stand, pull the head and it fits perfect. Is that how you have yours ? Kinda hard to tell. I never leave home '
          without it. Nice view in last pic. Stay safe !

Comment

Originally posted by drpipe
            It's called procedures and we have to follow them......... and you sir call yourself a Weldor procedures ha!!!!!$$$ I think the truth is you can't carry the metal bub I have never been told to use a smaller rod on occasion I have been told not to cap with 3/16 ..... Do you listen to engineers too .... I only listen to an engineer if I'm on a train
            And Drpipe strikes again with all of his arrogance and his better that all attitude.One day drpipe some of us will be as good as you think you are. Only you.
            And you wonder why they "censor" your post is beyond me.

For the rest of us that is average.When all welds are to be x-rayed then you are given a welding procedure to follow and if you don't then they will bust you out and send you home.Maybe if I eat my vegatables and get my rest then I might be half as good as drpipe

Comment

Looks good, at least it seems to be a clean place to work.

Comment

Well, in my neck of the woods we do the same. Normally 8'' and down all guys
                prefer 1/8'' root 6010, and cap 3/32 7018. Everybody's different but procedures
                are procedures. Sometimes it is not our choice. We are here to paint and not pick the colors.

Comment

Few pics from work

Ahhh don't hate ... I just call em like I see them ... I just don't believe the procedure stated to cap with 3/32 if it was a high pressure hydrocarbon line I'm guessing they would have wanted to see a two bead cap I just think you like most welders play the game and burn your small rod I would have made that weld in 30?minutes and that includes fit up and ringing my weld
                  Last edited by drpipe; 07-02-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I honestly felt sorry for you when you were crying on your censored rant,until now I know the mods were right on target.I posted a pic from work and now you(and only you) came out saying how crappy everyone's weld is except yours and only you and your goldenarm can perform to the standerds.I do know that when this board dries up and no one will post pics or anything about welding on the forum because of wanna be's like you. Then the problem will be addressed as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 74hotrod View Post
                      I honestly felt sorry for you when you were crying on your censored rant,until now I know the mods were right on target.I posted a pic from work and now you(and only you) came out saying how crappy everyone's weld is except yours and only you and your goldenarm can perform to the standerds.I do know that when this board dries up and no one will post pics or anything about welding on the forum because of wanna be's like you. Then the problem will be addressed as needed.
                      YEP !
                      Well, I guess he's a legend in his own mind. I'm surprised that he doesn't have
                      his own website or school.

Comment

Few pics from work

Funny all you do in this thread is try to poke at me and get me to insult you back .... You have not once tried to answer anything I have asked or addressed anything I have pointed out ... I know I can weld...... I know that most people who have chatted with me on these boards know I can weld ... There is know doubt at all that I'm a great welder ... Fitter .... Fabricator yeah I'm coc. Ky so what ..... You can bearlly weld I doubt I would consider you a journeyman , don't feel sorry for me bub ..... I'm not going to insult you or call you names.... I had no intention of hyjacking your thread ... There great pics of a guy breaking out as a Weldor .... I am a very direct individual sorry if your feelings were hurt here in my oilfield feelings are left at the house.

Comment

Pepole tolerate some guys when demand is high, my patience would have worn thin at some point, probably way before the unplugging the rod oven to plug in the radio incident, then to argue about it would have been the last straw. At some point no matter how good a guy is at it the pain in the azz factor outweighs it.

Aint nothing like firing a guy first thing in the morning to put a little spark in the rest of the gang, this would have been a gift for that.

Comment

Its nice to see uphillers fued and complain as much as downhillers. Boy what I would give to work on a nice cement slab, versus the ditch I've been laying in.

Nice pics and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Paranoid unfounded fear or not one reason I never headed to pipeline work was I cant stand working in mud, dry dirt is bad enough but greasy mud especially with my own equipment is just to much of an emotional challenge to face every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.