Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

7018 3/32 uphill

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7018 3/32 uphill

this is my 7018 3/32 uphill...it still needs some work
    Attached Files

Pause more on each side at the toes to fill in the undercut. Looking pretty decent though.

Comment

I agree. Had an instructor who told me to pause for the count of 1-2-3. It was weird cause it almost felt like dancing the foxtrot. :0

Comment

Same old pic. This winter maybe I brush up and get some new ones. Dirty old plate, I think it had been thru a fire.
        Attached Files

Comment

pause long enough til you see the flux run down towards center. for example if you are on right side of weld you will see the flux kind of roll down towards the left then move left until the flux moves towards the right. dont know how to explain it any better. if you are in east tn i can show you on tb302

Comment

Watch The crater fill it will become brighter then move And you can see The flux moving toward The puddle And change sides when it gets about an 1/8 awau

Comment

thanks for the help

thanks for the help I like that 1-2-3- count I had some time today to try it out
              Attached Files

Comment

Wish I could do as well.

Comment

Looks good to me. Instead of the foxtrot, you might try a 1, 2, cha cha cha, 3, 4, cha cha cha..,.,

Comment

looks pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                      looks good to me. Instead of the foxtrot, you might try a 1, 2, cha cha cha, 3, 4, cha cha cha..,.,
                      lol.

Comment

Nicely done! Much better.

Comment

Welds looks good, now for the pictures you need more practice lol.

Comment

walker you are really very funny.. 1 2 chha chha chha.. with ha ha ha

Comment

Looks fantastic! Wish my uphill looked that good

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.