Setting up my place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rezeppa View Post
    That looks **** near identical to mine I did the same thing. mine is 3/4 plate and abut 8 inches off the bottom is 1/2 plate I store everything from pipe wrenches to porta powers on it. It is about 13 years old and just a tough as the day we made it. It"ll last forever.
    Yeap specially when everything is from scrap, Fortunately I found everything in the basement, the angles, the bars, even the table, I was very lucky...

Comment

Are you going to put something under the 1/4 inch plate on the top?

Comment

do not use wood for any thing in a welding shop, some guys have for years and have got away with it, all it takes is a little spark that sinks in between two pieces of wood fitted together to catch fire, usually that type of fire starts up well after you have closed up shop, just my opinion, always be careful with fire

Comment

Originally posted by kevhead63 View Post
          Are you going to put something under the 1/4 inch plate on the top?
          Yeap I'm thinking to use 4" plate 1/4" thick and "fillet weld" it under.

Comment

Getting there..............

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

If you weld 1/4" x 4" flat bar under your table top it will warp. You can weld it to the legs & then just a couple small welds to the top to minmize warpage. SI would suggest using angle & only tacking it on with small welds.
                MM250
                Trailblazer 250g
                22a feeder
                Lincoln ac/dc 225
                Victor O/A
                MM200 black face
                Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
                Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
                Arco roto-phase model M
                Vectrax 7x12 band saw
                Miller spectrum 875
                30a spoolgun w/wc-24
                Syncrowave 250
                RCCS-14

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
                  If you weld 1/4" x 4" flat bar under your table top it will warp. You can weld it to the legs & then just a couple small welds to the top to minmize warpage. SI would suggest using angle & only tacking it on with small welds.
                  Won't do that then, I'll leave it the way it is right now. Just finished the shelf.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                    X