Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up my place

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setting up my place

    I'm setting a place (about 20ft x 30ft). I'm gonna have two tables, one movable and the other fixed, also have plans for a portable work station I found (was made from wood over a steel frame).

    Movable table (1/2" top 24" by 48")



    Fixed table (1/4" top 29" by 50")


    Work Station (29" by 25")



    Maybe will do smething like this:

  • #2
    What kind of fabbing will you be doing?...Bob

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
      What kind of fabbing will you be doing?...Bob
      Will start with 4-5 of this:

      Or this one


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GilNewWelder View Post
        Will start with 4-5 of this:

        Or this one


        Cool. Need some of these???...Bob
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          In the picture labled fixed table I see a huge fire hazard. Lots of stuff on the shelves that are most likely flammable. Make sure you know where your sparks from grinding, cutting, etc. are going. Get a few extinguishers.

          Good luck with the first "job".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MMW View Post
            In the picture labled fixed table I see a huge fire hazard. Lots of stuff on the shelves that are most likely flammable. Make sure you know where your sparks from grinding, cutting, etc. are going. Get a few extinguishers.

            Good luck with the first "job".
            Thanks for the comment but the table was outside the room when I took that picture. The room I'm going to use is empty right now because need to set up some pegboard to hang some c-clamp, etc. Thanks again

            P.D. Will get some Fire Extinguisher also



            Last edited by GilNewWelder; 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              It looks like a basement. Do you have ventilation in the room to the outside? A must when welding a lot. You'll also need make up air. Concrete walls & floor are good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MMW View Post
                It looks like a basement. Do you have ventilation in the room to the outside? A must when welding a lot. You'll also need make up air. Concrete walls & floor are good.
                Yep, I'm working on that also

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like it will be a nice place to work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks great man the only thong thay giys me is you.meed braces on the bottom.of the fixed table or over time due to heat and weight it will warp. I really like it though I wish I had a vise and bench grinder on a floating table.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good luck ! Check some of the table work bench threads for more ideas to help make it more efficient. Receiver tube is a must on table along with a place to hang grinders, clamps, hammers, squares, etc. It will be nice with a dedicated work room. look for a four wheel cart for material moving or storage. WHEELS is the answer on concrete.Have fun and keep us posted !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rezeppa View Post
                        Looks great man the only thong thay giys me is you.meed braces on the bottom.of the fixed table or over time due to heat and weight it will warp. I really like it though I wish I had a vise and bench grinder on a floating table.
                        Did some work on my fixed table this weekend. When I took the last picture it wasn't finished. Hopefully I'll finish it this coming week.




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice, that frame work for shelf will work out well. What distance above floor are you going to set it ? I would set it for whatever you want to store underneath. Never have enough storage.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                            Nice, that frame work for shelf will work out well. What distance above floor are you going to set it ? I would set it for whatever you want to store underneath. Never have enough storage.
                            Thanks, the legs are 33" so I'm thinking to weld the self about 16" from the floor

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That looks **** near identical to mine I did the same thing. mine is 3/4 plate and abut 8 inches off the bottom is 1/2 plate I store everything from pipe wrenches to porta powers on it. It is about 13 years old and just a tough as the day we made it. It"ll last forever.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.