Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer repair

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer repair

Much easier to lift than to crawl around, ha
    Attached Files

CHEATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thats cool.

Comment

There's always an easier way and I'd never figure I was cheating if I can find one. Bob.

Comment

Yes I agree this is not cheating. The older you get the smarter you work.

Is it the picture or is the building dimly lit?

Comment

My place isn't real bright especially for photographs. I really do need another light there but there are lights on stands and another couple of overheads that were not on.

Comment

I have to do 4 sets of brakes on my tilt deck trailer.

I think now im going to pick the whole **** thing up with my boom truck and set it on 4 saw horses.

your an inspiration sir.

Comment

Yes, there is another way.
                Attached Files

Comment

The older you get, the more you THINK about how to make the job easier.

When you get my age, you think a LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                    My place isn't real bright especially for photographs. I really do need another light there but there are lights on stands and another couple of overheads that were not on.
                    Get a couple T5 florescent fixtures... bright as **** and much easier on the power bill than metal halides... I can't even remember the last building I built that got halide or mercury vapor bulbs installed....

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                      Yes, there is another way.
                      Last couple lowboys I did, just flipped the whole thing over. Quite a bit of replacing some suspension components, building up other parts, decided it was easier to do looking down rather than looking up. Helps a lot if you have a big forklift, loader, or crane sitting around.

Comment

thats how im going to do re do the deck. flip it over cut the back side of all the fasteners with the cut off wheel and then beat the boards out.

Comment

I'm jealous. However, I think like you do. I like to make the job easier to work on, also.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.