Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

campfire bbq ?'s

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• campfire bbq ?'s

what kind of steel should i use to make the grill out of? im guessing its gota be stainless steel since im going to be cooking food on it. but i think ive also heard a thing called food grade stainless? any input would help thanks.

Steel

I used a-36 hot rolled, 3/16" steel. Then 1/2" hot rolled for the Grate. It is rusty but it is 4 years old already. Similar to the Camp ground grills seen at Northern tools. I tiged all of mine for practice.

Comment

campfire bbq ?'s

I would use 304 stainless steel, lots more $$$ than carbon steel but will last a long time and will clean easy. Watch your heat, both cooking and welding.
      Kevin

Comment

well i was googling and found you can buy pre made replacement grills for not too much money i might go that route since its probably cheaper then buying ss. thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.