Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailgate extension

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate extension

Anybody know how those tailgate "gates" mount onto a truck? I race motocross and my tailgate doesn't close with my bike in the back of my truck so I was gonna make one. The only problem is I don't know how to mount it.

"how to mount a bed extender?"

Bam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMLaR6wxLc

Comment

You don't NEED to close the tailgate to haul your bike. Just strap it down good with ratchet straps and go. I'm not sure what other kind of gate your talking about. If it were mine, I would just close the tailgate on my truck after strapping it down. But then I have an 8' bed on my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bistineau View Post
        You don't NEED to close the tailgate to haul your bike. Just strap it down good with ratchet straps and go. I'm not sure what other kind of gate your talking about. If it were mine, I would just close the tailgate on my truck after strapping it down. But then I have an 8' bed on my truck.
        I know I dont need to close it, but I mean for my gear, gas, etc. I have a single cab truck so everything goes in the back when i take someone with me. Ive had a full 5 gal. gas can fall out of the back on the highway before.

Comment

Thanks for the link

Comment

They make things to keep your gear in place. It's called rope.

Comment

Originally posted by FUZZYTX View Post
              They make things to keep your gear in place. It's called rope.
              Here's a good idea.

Comment

do you have a receiver hitch ?? What about a bike carrier for the receiver hitch ???

Comment

Tailgate extension

Hard to put 2 bikes on a carrier, at least ones with motors. What about a bed extender that has a bar to hook into your tow receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
                    Hard to put 2 bikes on a carrier, at least ones with motors. What about a bed extender that has a bar to hook into your tow receiver?
                    HE SAID "BIKE" I think that means, one, singular, uno, less than two ! Here's some pics.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...M=IGRE#x0y2900

Comment

Tailgate extension

I thought when he said, he didn't have room in the cab with a passenger that the passenger would have a bike too

Comment

Oh, got it . Guess he needs a bigger truck and or trailer.

Comment

Tailgate extension

Don't we all

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.