No announcement yet.

miller 140

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was probably the most noticeable of the upgrades miller's MM135 had over the others. miller was the only one to use aluminum here. wile I'm shore the plastic option is nice and may require abuse to break, there were reports of lincolns breaking. i have not heard of any of the millers having that problem. not that i intend to abuse my MM135 but i have used it hard over the last 6 or 7 years. and intend to continue to do so far many more without worry due to the little upgrades. i thought it was worth spending the extra $$ over the other brands. never regretted my choice.
    Attached Files
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
      this was probably the most noticeable of the upgrades miller's MM135 had over the others. miller was the only one to use aluminum here. choice.
      Miller was not the only one Lincoln SP plus models did as well

Once again the MM135/ MM140 needs to be compared against the Lincoln SP 135 Plus and the Power Mig 140C

Both of these 2 Brands are priced accordingly

The HH140 can go up against the Lincoln Power Mig 140 T and Pro Mig 140
      Ed Conley
      http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
      MM252
      MM211
      Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
      TA185
      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
      O/A set
      SO 2020 Bender
      You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Lincoln model numbers

Model numbers on Lincoln's small machines, at least, are a mess, so any confusion would be understandable. I got disgusted when I was trying to understand their price/features/quality, and started looking at Hobart and Miller. With the Lincoln placements in Lowes and Home Depot, they might have had me, if they'd have laid everything out straight.

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
        Miller was not the only one Lincoln SP plus models did as well

Once again the MM135/ MM140 needs to be compared against the Lincoln SP 135 Plus and the Power Mig 140C

Both of these 2 Brands are priced accordingly

The HH140 can go up against the Lincoln Power Mig 140 T and Pro Mig 140

Comment

Originally posted by EdZep View Post
          Model numbers on Lincoln's small machines, at least, are a mess, so any confusion would be understandable. I got disgusted when I was trying to understand their price/features/quality, and started looking at Hobart and Miller. With the Lincoln placements in Lowes and Home Depot, they might have had me, if they'd have laid everything out straight.
          No doubt- I had the same confusion so I just called Lincoln directly- and my LWS is really cool so they didn't try to sell me anything.

Way too many models but I suppose they don't mind since HD and Lowes stocks em' and eventually move them off the shelf.

The Crazy Model was the SP 135 T- same dern thing as the ones sold at Box Store but was only sold at LWS's and for about 100 bux more.

Anyhoo- Miller, Hobart, & Lincoln in this class is fine by me.
          Ed Conley
          MM252
          MM211
          TA185
          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
          O/A set
          SO 2020 Bender
          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

(Caution one guys opinion to follow. Read at you own risk and sign the waver first) If you are just starting out why not look for and purchase a good used Miller 130, 140 or a 220V if you have the power. I see them selling for far less than new from time to time. The 120 volt units are often purchased by weekend welders and get little hard use. They often get sold when the guy ether moves to a larger machine or realises that some other hobby is calling. Get a Good 120V for the cost of a crappy no name import, have fun, learn to weld a little, or learn that it is not for you and get most or all of your money back if you sell it. I landed my MM251 with 3 mig guns, a 40 foot ex cord and 99% of a big spool of .035 for $600. Came with 5 pounds of free red clay dust too. Spent an afternoon taking it apart and cleaning it out. Looks like new except that the last guy liked to set stuff on top of it and scuffed the paint some.

I don't see the burning need for Auto Set. Lets be real, the welder has only 2 knobs, heat and feed speed. Check the chart inside the door, set the knobs in the middle of the recomendations and tweek to suit.

One feature of the 140 over other 120V units is being able to run a small home grade spool gun. That looks to be a better feature than having the "Popcorn" button on the little blue microwave. YMMV.
            Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
              Fusion,

What other 120v machine did you compare the Lincoln against?

Just curious as I have the SP135 + and it does everything a 120v machine can handle
              I have run a HH 135, A Miller 135 and a Lincoln 100 HD - all these 120v machines perform just fine at what they are designed to do.

Hobart, Miller and Lincoln all have parts outsourced and assembled here in the USA
              I didn't compare it to anything I just thought it sucked I'll never buy a 115v only machine again. Passport would be it. I hated having to figure out ways to make it work. I could not believe how poorly it performed on the job. Never again (I already said that)
              Also I doubt Miller or Lincoln either are using all of their parts made on foreign soil but if they are shame on them.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                I didn't compare it to anything I just thought it sucked I'll never buy a 115v only machine again. Passport would be it. I hated having to figure out ways to make it work. I could not believe how poorly it performed on the job. Never again (I already said that)
                Also I doubt Miller or Lincoln either are using all of their parts made on foreign soil but if they are shame on them.
                So it's not a Lincoln deal then Just 120v machines all together
                Ed Conley
                MM252
                MM211
                TA185
                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                O/A set
                SO 2020 Bender
                You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I have a MM135. Using .030 flux core wire, does lousy on 3/16" stuff, but great on 1/8". Also have a MM251 for all my thick stuff. PLEASE, DON'T attempt to do ANY kind of trailer with a 110v machine!!! Like you said, use your friends!!! I needed the 110 to fix some friends gates and other light stuff like that(since most people don't have a 220v 50amp oultet in their garage), but wouldn't attempt to use it for something that goes on the road!
                  I'm not late...
                  I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Shoot ..my MM90. Using .030 flux core wire will weld anything... I just throw a little epoxy glue over the weld to give it more strength...
                    Jim
                    sigpicJim Young
                    www.JimYo.com
                    www.youtube.com/jimyo01

Comment

I use the door chart as a guide, a starting point.
                      I'll turn up the heat to weld some stuff & turn it down to weld uphill.
                      Why would I want autoset just to disable it ?

Comment

Working...
                      X