Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Art

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Art

Just wanted to show you some of the metal art I do with my Miller Welders. Click image for larger version

Name:	aa6f7c52924f7f70c07c6df5ee8d3e48.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	27429Click image for larger version

Name:	bf70a186a677ac8c2d16ceec04141591.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	27430

The first one is a Trellis Birdbath Stand the next one is a Pirates Chest that holds two bottles of wine. If you would like to see more of my work you can see it at cooliron.com.

Welcome to the forum!!

the patina on that chest is awesome. are you starting out with new copper sheets and using rusting agents/stains? very cool stuff.

Comment

awesome work- that chest is very cool (as is the birdbath)

i'd be really interested to know the general process for that chest, but feel free to keep your cards close as well

Comment

Copper Patina

I buy my copper patina sheets ready to use, don't care to monkey around with chemicals or hazardous waste.

Originally posted by jimmy_pop View Post
        Welcome to the forum!!

the patina on that chest is awesome. are you starting out with new copper sheets and using rusting agents/stains? very cool stuff.

Comment

A lot of hair pulling

I designed the whole thing on cad cam. Then I cut it out on my plasma table. The big thing with a new project like this is you have to be willing to throw it out and start over and never give up. I have a big scrape metal pile to prove it.

Originally posted by Corgan View Post
          awesome work- that chest is very cool (as is the birdbath)

i'd be really interested to know the general process for that chest, but feel free to keep your cards close as well

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.