I weighed the anvil. It weighs 104 lbs.

Jim

Comment

Okay Cool! I blacksmith

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Entire setup is excellent!
        Table is excellent, my next project for sure!!!
        Portability and very nice looking.
        Can you get a few more pics of it?

Thanks!!!
        Mike
        Millermatic 210

Comment

I agree this is the one of the nicest tables I have seen. I hope you don't mind if barrow you ideas. Now just to find the steel.

Comment

More Table

No problem copying. I will post some more pictures of it. My idea was to build it like a car frame with a body on top. The frame (H) is heavy but all of the tubing is 1/8". I doubled up in some places where I thought I might be adding attachments.

I always like big casters and fortunately I had some around. I still need to add on some things on it but I am making a list. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jim

Comment

Here are some more pictures of the bench. The H frame is made of 4"x7"x1/4" sq tubing. We bought this for fork lift pockets and cut off a few for some carts we were building. The leftover piece was just enough to get 2 48" pieces and one 55" piece that form the H.

Notice also a piece of the orange colored steel tubing I used for most of the bench. There are also rectangular supports under the 3/8" top and the top is overlapped on two sides for clamping. Notice some holes that were in the old tubing. I thought I would leave these for future additions.

The bench works nice for setting up a chop saw (see pix). Notice in one shot that the top extension piece of 3/8" is removable and I am thinking of making additional "pop in" attachments like a firebrick or vise attachment. I left the ends of the 4" x 7" tubing open thinking they might be handy to bend things with or to rack some rod.

Jim

Comment

Modela,
                thanks for the pics, great job!!!
                Question: how do you get your pics to just come up like that, so we don't have to click on a link? Nice job!
                I'm not late...
                I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Photobucket works great

I got a tip from one of the readers to use photobucket. Photobucket is free. I just download from the camera into photobucket. At the bottom of each picture is three lines on image size. If you check the bottom one it will say copied. You then go back to your post put your cursor where you want it and paste it in. If you open two browsers you can jump back and forth and it works really well.

Jim

Comment

Awesome pictures!
                    Thanks Jim!, as soon as the water leaves my garage() I will be starting on a table.
                    Millermatic 210

Comment

Thanks Jim!
                      Photobucket it is! Fun4now, don't worry, I'll resize them first!
                      I'm not late...
                      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

sweet...

Nice set up...
                        John

Thunderbolt AC/DC
                        MM 175
                        Maxstar 150 STL
                        Blue Star 185 DX
                        Spectrum 375

Comment