Pony pipe clamp storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pony pipe clamp storage

hi, could never decide on how I wanted to store the 3/4" pony pipe clamps. Used a recycled piece of 4" pipe with flange, weld plate to inside flange bottom, Dropped 3/4" threaded rod into flange holes and weld, cut 1/4"x2" flat stock 3/4" wide and welded to 1" pipe coupling and then weld to 4" pipe. With inside plate on bottom I store my bar clamps inside the 4" pipe.I should have done this years ago. Takes up very little space and you can spot the length of each clamp.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BD1; 02-04-2012, 01:12 PM. Reason: remove pictures

That looks like it will work good...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Cool idea. Keeps them handy but not in the way. Nice.
      Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
      Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Comment

Very nice idea and sure beats leaning the clamps against a wall.
        Terry
        Portland, OR

Comment

Thanks, you can use the same idea use for storing shovels,rakes,brooms, anything with handle and it fits in corner of garage or shed.

Comment

Great idea,looks good.

Comment

Nice pipe clamp stand, I think I might have to pull a copy cat and build one like it, lol.
              Lone MIG Slinger!

Comment

Nice job, great idea!!!

Comment

Thanks. I got quite a few scraps of 4'' with flanges. I made up a spool piece about 36'' face to face on flanges. Then had a 20'' square piece of plate that I
                  welded some 5/8'' studs to so they match the flange bolt pattern on center. Now I have a roll about flange to flange table top. Just remove when storing.

Comment

Working...
                  X