Organization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organization

I'm tired of dumping pails and cans looking for nuts, bolts, washers etc. I've searched the web for good metal storage bins to organize all my fasteners and all I can find is plastic. Does anyone know of any online outfits that I could visit and possibly purchase metal nut and bolts storage bins. Thanks

After many years my metal ones seemed to magically get bent or dented or chipped and rusted or ....

For me the plastic ones seem to hold up much better.

Comment

I found the plastic ones at Lowes and built my own frame.
      Easy build.

Comment

Bins

I've used these. They are the bomb. They nest together really well.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4VL36

HTH
        Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
        Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
        Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
        CST-250
        HF-15 High frequency
        XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
        Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Comment

Craneops

you might want to check out the yellow pages for local used office furniture and equipment places for some of these....

the wide drawers are 'paper file ' drawers and are about 9x11. the smaller ones are regular parts drawers and are about 4" w x 12" deep

best money I've spent in a while... I paid 20 bucks for all these drawers

later
          john
          Attached Files

Comment

I get some of mine from MSC. I think their web sit is http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm I haven't tried their on line catalouge but the paper one here on my desk has about 20 pages of stacking bins, small parts drawers storage boxes etc. Look under parts bins, storage orgaizers, small parts drawers, divideable totes. At the shop I use metal stacking bins for large bolts, nuts, washers etc. , small parts drawers for smaller items, plumbing washers, set screws, key stock and such and milk crates for bulky items like PVC pipe fittings. In my work truck all the nails and screws are in color coded coffe cans, the small misc. stuff in a variety of pull out parts drawers, plumbings fittings and wire nuts / staples are in some small carry organizers from stanley.

Grainer and McMaster Carr would also be posible choices.

Comment

Working...
            X