X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsd34me
    started a topic Lets see your pics of some small projects

Lets see your pics of some small projects

Please show your pics of some small projects for us board members to get some good ideas. Thanks all!

• 4sfed
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    When a gas can is still on the vehicle the static charge is not discharged which can happen in cold weather. Put the cans on the ground and fill to be safe.............Nick
    Sorry, it's a hoax. Do you put your car's fuel tank on the ground when you fill it? The fuel nozzle is grounded through a wire braid in the hose . . . just keep the nozzle in contact with the can. It's a much better ground than asphalt or concrete.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    When a gas can is still on the vehicle the static charge is not discharged which can happen in cold weather. Put the cans on the ground and fill to be safe.............Nick

Leave a comment:

• moto-scoot
    replied
    When you fill the cans, do you remove them from the rack and place on the ground to fill?
    I have filled them in the rack, I am not sure if it's the best idea, but I haven't been yelled at by a gas station employee. I know that filling tanks in the back of a pickup with a plastic bed liner is a no-no.
    Here in the "People's republic of California" your not even suppose to use gas can that are not certified by the California air resource board. I hate the California legal gas cans, they supposedly don't leak the gas vapors to the atmosphere. But they leak half your gasoline when filling up equipment or a motorcycle, what kind of environmental savings is that?
    Last edited by moto-scoot; 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    [QUOTE=moto-scoot;175582]I made a gasoline can hauler that fits a 2" receiver few weeks ago. I hate hauling gas cans inside a SUV. It's also useful on the pickup, you don't need to tie the cans to the bed of the truck.
    It was quick and cheep to build. The angle iron is a used bed frame, very hard to drill holes in it but it welded up fine with 6011 rods. Even used one of the hinged section from the bed frame to lock the two 5 gallon cans in place.[/QUOTE

When you fill the cans, do you remove them from the rack and place on the ground to fill?

Leave a comment:

• 250MP
    replied
    Chicken Plucker

I decided to build a machine to pluck chickens after trying to do a few by hand. When I started building it I had no specific plans and just started welding the frame from what I had imagined I wanted it to look like. I had researched it a lot so I knew what I wanted, just didn't know how it would turn out exactly. I was very happy with the end result. This is the finished product but I have more pictures and video links on my signature.

Leave a comment:

• redintn
    replied
    Originally posted by 4sfed View Post
    Red,

Would you be happier if I just called it a scattershield?

Jim
    What ever you call it aint NOTHING coming past that.
    Your skills at fabrication are great.
    How long did it take to make?

Leave a comment:

• moto-scoot
    replied
    Gas Can Hauler

I made a gasoline can hauler that fits a 2" receiver few weeks ago. I hate hauling gas cans inside a SUV. It's also useful on the pickup, you don't need to tie the cans to the bed of the truck.
    It was quick and cheep to build. The angle iron is a used bed frame, very hard to drill holes in it but it welded up fine with 6011 rods. Even used one of the hinged section from the bed frame to lock the two 5 gallon cans in place.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 4sfed
    replied
    Originally posted by redintn View Post
    Blowproof Bellhousing
    I dont know man, looks a bit weak. LOL
    That thing is a work of art, very nice JOB!!!
    Red,

Would you be happier if I just called it a scattershield?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Bigiron
    replied
    If that had...

If that had hay or insulation in it, and no door it would be quiet a big doghouse. My heighbors would s*&^ it they saw soething that big on my street. I love it though! Big green mailbox.
    Last edited by Bigiron; 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM. Reason: ...

Leave a comment:

• schwede
    replied
    this

This is about the only thing that ive made up mostly by myself.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• retiredIW
    replied
    mail box

Originally posted by 35mastr View Post
    Now this one is really cool.Does it have a door somewhere that locks?
    sorry it took so long to get back but im not to up on how this works. yes it has a door no lock needed in my location though. i built it because i never knew where to look for any packages. sometimes in my other truck or one of the out buildings or in middle of drive. will post with door open ,hope pic is not to big.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• redintn
    replied
    Blowproof Bellhousing
    I dont know man, looks a bit weak. LOL
    That thing is a work of art, very nice JOB!!!

Leave a comment:

• 4sfed
    replied
    Blowproof Bellhousing

I build the engines for an Alfa Romeo spider that we've been running at Bonneville for the last 10 years. We started with an Alfa transmission, but quickly found out that it couldn't handle the horsepower of the turbocharged engine . . . so the replacement (Muncie M22) required a custom bellhousing. I also decided to move the starter behind the ring gear to make room for a larger intercooler.

Here's the finished product . . . made from 1/4 inch mild steel.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Texas50cal
    replied
    Here's a fun little project.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X