Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer mounted smoker questions

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer mounted smoker questions

One of the school maintainence guys brought me a trailer and some casing to build a smoker for him, asked him how he wanted it done and he said figure it out the best way to do it. I thought to extend the trailer and put a 16" firebox crossways on the back. Put the 20" cooker running along one side of the trailer, with a piece of 8" to connect the two. My question is will this flow enough from the 16" to the 20" thru the 8". Also worried about the toungue bein too light after puttin the 16" on the back. Any advice would be aprecciated.

trailer smoker

Hey bryce, if you could post some pics on the set-up so to get a better idea of how this is all going to work and what would changes if any you wold do

Comment

I am in the process of building 2 smokers right now. Both are reverse flow offset smokers. One will be mounted on a trailer, one we have built a frame for.

I have got a lot of my info from BBQ-Central.

You can check out my project at my share a project page.

I would place the firebox right against the cooker and not use any pipe.

Comment

here is a nice looking smoker from here on this site http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ghlight=smoker

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.