Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

wife told me to do it

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife told me to do it

i have been eye balling the sync 200 for sometime now and the wife has been telling for the past days if i want it go get it. i said baby it cost 2000.00 dollars though, she still said get it if you want it. so i did what every man would do, i ran to the local welding shop today and bought it. sweet i cant wait to start using it.

I don't know how many bad descisions you have made in your life, but it sounds like you made at least one right one when you got married. Congrats!

Comment

You should have done what she would have.....come home with a Dyn. 200 then just tell her it went better with the work boots you were wearing than the sync. did and it was "only" a few $ more

Comment

congrats on the syncrowave 200

but honey the Dyn200DX was on SALE .
        the syncrowave 200 is a great welder. you should really enjoy it. they did a great job stepping up the 180 with more toys and more power. i wish i could have powered one, my shop would be all blue now. but i really like my TA-185 even if its not blue, it sips power and i needed that.

Comment

Originally posted by hytekredneck View Post
          i said baby it cost 2000.00 dollars though, she still said get it if you want it.
          To quote a sitcom... "This isn't like the time you said I could get the pron channel and then when I did, you told me I disgusted you?"

Comment

It's a very nice welder. I sure like my SW 200. Read the manual and you can't go wrong. The only negative is the difficulty of setting one up for a water cooler - an adapter, lots of hoses and expense. Once done, it adds a lot to the capability of the machine.

Enjoy!

Comment

Had one at work excellent machine ours was trouble free, congratulations. Oh yeah you better hang on to her

Comment

I think you better keep her

But, if you decide to send her packin' - send her my way, oh wait, my wife might not like that
                All jokes set aside, let me know how you like it as I have been seriously thinking about one....

Comment

I feel ya man!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my Sync 200 about a week and a half ago!!!!!!

Its a huge leap forward from my old machines.

I had to convince the wife that I could make $$ with it, and I already have.
                  Tho I have to now spend $300-$400 to re-wire the place......... seems that it works fine on DC TIG and SMAW, but I am having a voltage drop problem,
                  and it won't weld AC TIG worth a darn, which is 80% the reason I got it.

And the fact that I am going through two "little" bottles of argon a week......

"hey baby, I need to buy a bigger bottle" didnt go over too well......

Oh well, I have a few $ stashed , I'll tell her it only cost $50...

Comment

"little bottles" and TIG don't go to well together. maybe rent a tank for the first year, then buy a bigger one when the $ comes in and have 2 for the rest of the year. will save ya big time on trips to fill, with gas (for the truck) prices what they are a little tank will kill ya. i have a 100 mil. round trip for argon, so i have 2 tanks, an 80 and a 125.also nice if i need to back gas.
                    i pull the first tank when its low but not quite empty so i have some for back gassing if needed, or to get me threw the last project if i run out on the 2nd tank.

Comment

Excuses, Excuses. You must be married.

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                      so i have 2 tanks, an 80 and a 125.also nice if i need to back gas.
                      i pull the first tank when its low but not quite empty so i have some for back gassing if needed, or to get me threw the last project if i run out on the 2nd tank.
                      YOU ARE IN SOOOOO MUCH TROUBLE!!! There goes my resolve!!

Comment

just tell the wife i made ya do it.
                        but you got a Miller TIG and i didn't.
                        it was my wife that made me spend the $ to get my TA-185 though, so that was all good.
                        and i added a sand blaster to my shop day before yesterday. ..........forgot to tell the wife though, so don't mention it.
                        cheapo HF version, but i been needing one for a long time and i think i can make this one work with a little adjusting here and there. most of my stock is scrap, so it will help cut down on prep time.

Comment

"little" argon tanks

Don't know who your gas supplier is, a Praxair dealer recently let me trade a small tank against a larger one, only paid for the difference. I even traded an acetylene in on a shielding gas once. What I have noticed through the years is that there is a HUGE difference in tank policies between the various gas supply companies, and that also goes for store to store differences with the same company name. It all depends who's on the dock sometimes what they will let you do with a tank. Don't overlook garage sale tanks, but be careful. That said, I have had pretty good luck. Do be aware that the very largest tanks are rental only, and technically no one but the supplier can own that size, so be careful what you pay for yard sale tanks. However, I did have a supplier trade me down from a rental I found at a yard sale to an "S" size tank, he was glad to get the more valuable rental tank back. I even had a supplier accept an orphaned tank from an out of business company. However, I'm between Milwaukee and Chicago and have many different gas suppliers to choose from. Sometimes what one guy says "no" to, another doesn't question. Good Luck, Mark

Comment

Weldtoride
                            What I have noticed through the years is that there is a HUGE difference in tank policies between the various gas supply companies, and that also goes for store to store differences with the same company name

big time. thats why i have to drive 100 mil. to fill my argon tanks. i own them and localy they only rent anything over 60, mine being 80 and 125. one place dose sell 80's but only fills there tanks, so i would have to buy an 80 from them to be able to get it filled.
                            thourowbread in my area dose not do strait argon, so i cant use them for argon, but i use them for my O/A tanks that i own but swop out at there drop point. every one has there own guides to go by.

another thing to mention. if you get an old ugly tank at a garage sale, DO NOT PAINT IT they see that as an atempt to cover up a damaged tank and most places wont take them.
                            kind of a bummer to have ugly tanks sitting behind your nice new welder but thats life. you can make covers for the tanks to jazz them up a bit if ya like, but dont paint them even if you own it.

i made covers for my tanks ( see pic) as i keep all my stuff looking new.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.