Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting closer to a full set

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting closer to a full set

Hi guys,

I've been doing some more work on the outdoor setting with renovations drawing closer to an end.

now have 2x one seaters/side tables, and just finished the 6 seater table today.

materials are 50x50x1.6mm stainless steel square tube, fully tigged and blended, with 90x19mm jarrah hardwood decking slats screwed directly onto angle bar supports, which are tacked to the frame.

now i have to get working on some 2 seater benches to go with it and it will be a complete set for the new patio.

on a side note, i've just ordered a makita lc1230 dry cutting chop saw with an 80T blade. i'm very keen to see how it goes on the thin wall stainless tubing i use- i reckon it's going to save me lots of time and give me more accurate cuts than my bandsaw can with it's bent and twisted cutting bed

Thats awesome looking.

I really like the way you finished the corners with the mitered look.

Fantastic job.

Comment

Beautiful work! I think if I had put that much TLC into those I'd have to keep them inside. I couldn't stand to see the weather get to my babies! You find a market for those and you could make a fortune.

Comment

thanks gents,

they are sort of indoors- it's a fully covered patio, thats about the most sun they get and only for about 1-2 hours a day.

one of these days i might make a few pieces in my spare time and try to sell them but for now, work is keeping me busy enough

Comment

excellent work.

you will like that dry cut saw.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.