Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for good equipment trailer plans

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good equipment trailer plans

I've been combing the net trying to find a good set of plans for a tilt deck car/equipment trailer (tandem axle - 7 to 8000# GVWR). There are a few out there, ranging from $10 up to $50, but it's hard to tell from looking at the various sites what exactly the plans include (i.e. will it be two or three photocopied pages from a 30 year old Popular Mechanics magazine or an actual set of tried and true blueprints?) I have a nice collection of pictures of what I want to build but no plans.

Does anyone have any recommendations (or even a set of plans!)?

I may have to draft up my own plan...

I built 500 trailers but no tilt equip jobs. Here are some pics and if you see anything that catches you eye holler and i will help you out...Bob
    http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0have%20built/

Comment

Trailer

Go buy a single axle trailer andbe done with it .......... cost you less in the long run .......... I've built a ton of them and GOT PAID........... you have to figure in the tongue weight and length of trailer to put your axle ......BTW ......... a double axle trailer is the way to go ....... ya get 1 flat ya got 3 more tires plus the tire will wear 2 X's longer..... just advice you asked for

Comment

plans

Northern Tool has good plans. I built a utility trailer using them. The plans are about 24" x 36". They have a good selection of them.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. That's the thing with buying plans online, you never can be sure what you're actually getting - or that it is exactly what you want (yes I've been down that road before).

Aametalmaster, those are some nice trailers you've built. I'll drop you an e-mail to talk some things over...

Thx again...

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.